Trading in my 2018 Tundra for a GX550 Overtrail

MikeB

Sep 11, 2024
New York
I had a tough time finding a GX Overtrail in the earth color I wanted. I saw a video of the truck in that color at the NY auto show and knew that was the color I wanted. I found that almost all of the Overtails coming to dealers near me are sold before they arrive. I did the same and bought one that my dealer says will be in before the end of this month. I opted not to get the rock rails because you can't step on top of them to get in and I knew that would be a problem. Also I primarily off road on the beach and don't have to worry about rocks. I want the Prinsu roof rack on the truck at the auto show but my dealer won't order or install it. The Tundra I'm trading in and before that an FJ Cruiser were both great and I never had a single repair needed on either one. I'm counting on the same quality with this truck. Unlike my neighbors Jeep that often needs to be towed to the dealer.

Last edited:
I had a tough time finding a GX Overtrail in the earth color I wanted. I saw a video of the truck in that color at the NY auto show and new that was the color I wanted. I found that almost all of the Overtails coming to dealers near me are sold before they arrive. I did the same and bought one that my dealer says will be in before the end of this month. I opted not to get the rock rails because you can't step on top of them to get in and I knew that would be a problem. Also I primarily off road on the beach and don't have to worry about rocks. I want the Prinsu roof rack on the truck at the auto show but my dealer won't order or install it. The Tundra I'm trading in and before that an FJ Cruiser were both great and I never had a single repair needed on either one. I'm counting on the same quality with this truck. Unlike my neighbors Jeep that often needs to be towed to the dealer.
Welcome to the forum.

I had a tough time finding a GX Overtrail in the earth color I wanted. I saw a video of the truck in that color at the NY auto show and knew that was the color I wanted. I found that almost all of the Overtails coming to dealers near me are sold before they arrive. I did the same and bought one that my dealer says will be in before the end of this month. I opted not to get the rock rails because you can't step on top of them to get in and I knew that would be a problem. Also I primarily off road on the beach and don't have to worry about rocks. I want the Prinsu roof rack on the truck at the auto show but my dealer won't order or install it. The Tundra I'm trading in and before that an FJ Cruiser were both great and I never had a single repair needed on either one. I'm counting on the same quality with this truck. Unlike my neighbors Jeep that often needs to be towed to the dealer.
Congratulations welcome to the hood (neighborhood that is)

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 6 75.0%
Back