Trying to decide on GX550 vs. LC.

I suspect many are considering the new 4Runner vs LC vs OT given similar offroad characteristics and torque specs.

4Runner - offroad version only has part-time 4WD, not what I want for skiing. Better fuel efficiency.

LC - Selling for as much as the OT, or more, doesn't have eKDSS, and only 31" tires. I also will tow a 6000# GVWR trailer, which any can do, but tongue weight is 600# + WDH 100# + trailer battery/propane/cargo (200#?), so I assume closer to 900#. That would only leave about 200# for vehicle passengers/cargo on the 4R/LC - not enough. Better fuel efficiency. One video mentioned it handles bumpy roads better at higher speeds and the electric motors help with crawling.

OT - Better fit & finish, better service, but worse gas mileage. However, I also have an EV to us for efficiency. The crawl ratio on this is definitely not like the Rubicon 4xe - not sure if electric motors would help with descending. PS: my stock tires measure exactly 32". I've heard anywhere from 31" to 32.6".

I can't friggin believe I had to spend 81K+ to get the OT+ to get seat memories. I couldn't get them on a 2011 Limited Highlander at all. What is it with Toyota and seat memories? My 2005 Nissan Titan circa 33K had seat memories tied to the key fob..

I can't friggin believe I had to spend 81K+ to get the OT+ to get seat memories. I couldn't get them on a 2011 Limited Highlander at all. What is it with Toyota and seat memories? My 2005 Nissan Titan circa 33K had seat memories tied to the key fob..
This part is pretty nuts. Or brilliant...how many people caved and made the big jump to a + mainly for the memory seats? I probably would.

This part is pretty nuts. Or brilliant...how many people caved and made the big jump to a + mainly for the memory seats? I probably would.
In fairness, I would have bought either the OT or OT+ in a decent color, but the OT+ was the first that was offered to me after 4mo on the waiting list.

In a way I'm glad I was forced into it that way so I didn't need to live with having decided to take or leave the plus model - either wondering if I wasted money, or should have opted in.

Otherwise, I might have had to wait until Nov, Dec, Jan for the next allocation.

My 2 cents: Just looked at a Landcruiser - Landcruiser Premium Package and an OT today and yesterday. I know a lot of people claim the GX's interior is at a Toyota level or not luxurious enough. For me, the interior quality is night and day different between the two. And the ergonomics of the GX is much preferred. Was sort of surprised about how strong I preferred the GX to the LC. I could have taken home the LC today but will wait hopefully only a few months to get a GC.

I thought I would like the physical buttons on the LC but after having driven an EV with no physical buttons for the past few months, I realized how little I mess with climate settings.

For me, if I was going to do a LC, I would opt for the 1958 which I think is the best value of the options. But at a similar price between the LC and the entry level GX trims, it is an easy choice.

Also spending a few hours at a Toyota dealer (with a very nice sales person) versus a Lexus dealership, I will be much happier getting the service done there.

We were offered an early allocation of an OT in Nori green that we declined, mainly because I wanted the memory seats! Yah, we caved and waited for the OT+. Since my wife is only 5'4", I would be constantly setting the seats manually each time I drove it. Over the many years we plan to own it, that would get old.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)