🛠️ Member Build Tyres

�Member Build

Jrox

Sep 6, 2024
Media
sydney
Hi, without doing and modifications to the wheel wells or giving the vehicle a lift what’s the largest tyres that will fix the GX without rubbing when turning or when going off road?
I fancy picking up a set of Falken Wildpeak AT3W but would like to fit 33inch if possible.

Overtrail has 33's stock. Are you running a premium with the 20" or 22" wheels? I think there is a 275 option getting to about 33.5" which should be safe. The 285's should also work but may need so research.

From FB. Said he hasn’t flexed it out but 285/75s clear
IMG_2950.jpeg

From FB. Said he hasn’t flexed it out but 285/75s clear
View attachment 3595
What tyre make are these? Also what did you remove (I.e. flaps) to fit them cleanly. The stand tyre that comes with the OT is supposed to be 33 but when you measure it you get more like a 32 and the 3 ply tyre wall I am worried the open countries won’t do well here in Australia with the amount of deflations we need to do over rocks and sand.

What tyre make are these? Also what did you remove (I.e. flaps) to fit them cleanly. The stand tyre that comes with the OT is supposed to be 33 but when you measure it you get more like a 32 and the 3 ply tyre wall I am worried the open countries won’t do well here in Australia with the amount of deflations we need to do over rocks and sand.
I am getting the OT with 18 inch but want to fit Falken AT3W but when I put the vehicle into the Falken website it only offers 265, they only seem to have 275 on 17 inch rims

Attachments

• IMG_0586.png
    IMG_0586.png
    178.6 KB · Views: 29
I am getting the OT with 18 inch but want to fit Falken AT3W but when I put the vehicle into the Falken website it only offers 265, they only seem to have 275 on 17 inch rims
The other option I have is GD K03, but not sure which 275 option fits the standard 18 inch rims without tyre poke:

Attachments

• IMG_0589.png
    IMG_0589.png
    225.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0587.png
    IMG_0587.png
    119.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0588.png
    IMG_0588.png
    89.7 KB · Views: 30
Not my GX but these are Yokohama Geolandar

IMG_5606.jpeg

Just put Faulken AT4W’s on 285/75/17 (34.1” which is bigger than Toyo and BFG in that size) and they fit not rubbing. +35 offset. Removed the plastic behind the front wheels before I did this as I assumed it would be necessary and not going to check to see if I could have left it. No lift, just wheels and tires.

View attachment 3674
Just put Faulken AT4W’s on 285/75/17 (34.1” which is bigger than Toyo and BFG in that size) and they fit not rubbing. +35 offset. Removed the plastic behind the front wheels before I did this as I assumed it would be necessary and not going to check to see if I could have left it. No lift, just wheels and tires.
Any update on this setup? How does it ride on-raod? Have you had it offroad yet with max flex and turning?

Back