Video on Nav Screen?

TexLex

Feb 13, 2024
Media
Texas
I have tried to find info on this but have found nothing definitive.

I would like to be able to mirror my iPhone on the CarPlay. Seems like it’s possible but can anyone confirm what dongle works? (Not jailbreaking)

Interested in this as well. I think android auto can do this with a 3rd party device. But not sure about CarPlay.

I have a Box call BINIZE BOX sold in Amazon. Used it on a 2022 Tundra worked great, traded the Tundra using it on a 2023 GX460 No problem. I tried to used it on the GX550 It comes up only a portion of the screen. Since the GX550 has a USBC I had to buy a USBC to Female regular usb to plug the BINIZE Box. I will try on the weekend to set it up again. You could do everything streaming wise with it and the GX screen turns into a tablet sort of speak. All you need is unlimited wifi hotspot already in the gx ATT is the provider. Pay the whole year ahead you will get a discount.

I have a Box call BINIZE BOX sold in Amazon. Used it on a 2022 Tundra worked great, traded the Tundra using it on a 2023 GX460 No problem. I tried to used it on the GX550 It comes up only a portion of the screen. Since the GX550 has a USBC I had to buy a USBC to Female regular usb to plug the BINIZE Box. I will try on the weekend to set it up again. You could do everything streaming wise with it and the GX screen turns into a tablet sort of speak. All you need is unlimited wifi hotspot already in the gx ATT is the provider. Pay the whole year ahead you will get a discount.
Is this for Apple CarPlay? And can you use the WiFi off a hotspot like my phone rather than the car’s hotspot?

Check YOUTUBE a few videos about it on the TOYOTA Side. It works from WIFI HOT SPOT from wherever you want.
IMG_0444.jpeg

Not yet. It looks promising. I’ll probably try it out after I’m back from traveling the next couple of weeks.

GX 550 screen doesn't fill the screen tried a few times the touch sensors on the screen are off the USB C in the GX is not powerful to power USBC to USBC
IMG_1064.jpeg

GX460 Screen
IMG_1067.jpeg
IMG_1071.jpeg

USB Female USBC adapter. USBC to USBC cable won't turn on the media box looks like the USBC port in the GX 550 is slow not powerful?
IMG_1065.jpeg
IMG_1066.jpeg

TUNDRA Screen Below
IMG_1072.jpeg

66646120606__9DD70F32-B5BA-4934-AD63-722ABB8C374B.jpeg

Hope somebody could figure it out How to make it work on the GX550. Worked and works flawlessly on the other vehicles 2023 GX 460 and 2022 Tundra

Last edited:

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 9 64.3%
Back