Wait…

Mar 23, 2024
Louisiana
With all these issues on the GX, may just have to wait til 2025 🤦🏻‍♂️, hope they will be able to fix all the issues by then! hate to inherit all the issues . That would be a pain the rear! I’m so ready though😔😔

With all these issues on the GX, may just have to wait til 2025 🤦🏻‍♂️, hope they will be able to fix all the issues by then! hate to inherit all the issues . That would be a pain the rear! I’m so ready though😔😔
Remember just because it says 2025 it was still built in 2024 and how Toyota/Lexus handled this potential issues hope it will work itself out

Remember just because it says 2025 it was still built in 2024 and how Toyota/Lexus handled this potential issues hope it will work itself out
True . Just spoke with SA today and said that Toyota fixed /corrected the machining issue before 2024 production 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ but haven’t come across or heard this from anywhere

Word from our local Lexus dealer is the "protective" plastic on the hood caused some early paint issues, but they haven't seen that show up again in almost a month None of the 9 GX's that showed up yesterday morning had any hood paint issues. I looked at 4 of them and the hoods looked perfect. The QC hold, they believe, was related to the sunroof. There is no official word on any engine issues with the GX, and after the initial LX issues, I would think that Lexus figured out the manufacturing/machining issues and made sure to NOT put any of the affected motors, even if there were still some built and sitting in inventory, into their brand new Flagship GX by the time they started building them in early spring of 2024 (the issue was found and corrected during manufacturing at some point in 2023), so they were only dealing with some leftover motors that may have slipped through the cracks after the issue was found, which apparently made their way into a few fall built 2024 Tundra's.

Word from our local Lexus dealer is the "protective" plastic on the hood caused some early paint issues, but they haven't seen that show up again in almost a month None of the 9 GX's that showed up yesterday morning had any hood paint issues. I looked at 4 of them and the hoods looked perfect. The QC hold, they believe, was related to the sunroof. There is no official word on any engine issues with the GX, and after the initial LX issues, I would think that Lexus figured out the manufacturing/machining issues and made sure to NOT put any of the affected motors, even if there were still some built and sitting in inventory, into their brand new Flagship GX by the time they started building them in early spring of 2024 (the issue was found and corrected during manufacturing at some point in 2023), so they were only dealing with some leftover motors that may have slipped through the cracks after the issue was found, which apparently made their way into a few fall built 2024 Tundra's.
I think they started building the GX in. November/December of 2023 …I just sure hope that the engines on the GX are not the same as the ones on the LX , Tundra, Sequoia 🙏🙏

I think they started building the GX in. November/December of 2023 …I just sure hope that the engines on the GX are not the same as the ones on the LX , Tundra, Sequoia 🙏🙏
It is the same engine. Except GX/LX are built in Japan and Tundra/Sequoia built in US. I have slight concern about my wife’s 2/2024 built LX600; I have zero concern about my 5/2025 Built GX550. They’ve known of this issue and corrected procedures long ago. I trust that these engines underwent extreme longevity testing. They did have a few part numbers change earlier this year (part number for short block, full engine assy, and some bearings) but those would be implemented by the time my May engine was built.

I bought an 8yr/100k warranty on the LX (my wife won’t keep it beyond then) and I plan to buy one for the GX (prob 10yr) due to all of the electronics and relatively new powertrain. However, realize that Lexus already has a pretty good powertrain warranty included in the MSRP.

I suspect some of the delays late last year may have been related to some of these engine findings. Just speculation, but seems all was corrected by Jan 2024 and that’s when they finally got some of these rolling down the assembly line.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comfort

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)