Weak air conditioning

Jesse H

Sep 4, 2024
Media
TX
The temperature output at the vents are actually fine. It's the fan that seems to be weak.

In most vehicles with the AC set to auto it's a set and forget procedure. In my work Tahoe and personal Tacoma I leave it at 70. When I get in the them after they've been parked in the sun for a while it does what it should and automatically blasts the fan on high then ramps down accordingly as the cabin gets to the desired settings.

I'm constantly having to turn the temperature knob to get it to where I feel comfortable. Yesterday it was parked outside for a few hours (high 80's and sunny). Auto AC was set to 68 and you would think that the fans would automatically set to the highest and stay there for a bit. Instead the fans automatically set somewhere in the middle. I had to lower the temperature to 60 degrees in order for the fan to ramp back up, 20 minutes into the drive I'd have to raise the temperature to 68 to get the fan to lower. Having to constantly adjust an auto AC doesn't make much sense.

I do have the AC set to normal with concierge turned off. Curious if others have noticed having to override the auto setting to get your desired results?

Similar observation, but I'm finding the sweet spot is even more challenging with the heat. Especially when the outdoor temp is in the 50-60 degree range it is challenging to get a bit of heat. Even when I turn the auto setting off, it still wants to blow hot air.

There is an eco setting for the AC— make sure it is turned off via the Home Screen functions

That's turned off as well. It's going into the dealership tomorrow to fix some poorly installer PPF. Should be a good chance to ask about it along with asking them to disable the annoying seat belt chime and artificial engine noises.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back