What does it truly mean to be buying at MSRP?

sunnyday

Jun 17, 2024
New Jersey
Hi,

If dealership marked MSRP for GX550 Premium+ to be at $72,200 with minimal addons included.

Does that consider to be buying at MSRP?

The MSRP for Premium+ according to Lexus site is $69k, but all these minimal addons seem to be mandatory for all GX550.

Hi,

If dealership marked MSRP for GX550 Premium+ to be at $72,200 with minimal addons included.

Does that consider to be buying at MSRP?

The MSRP for Premium+ according to Lexus site is $69k, but all these minimal addons seem to be mandatory for all GX550.
There are kind of two ways of looking at this 69k is their base model something are an illusion which you wouldn’t be able to get 72200 is the true msrp because that’s what in the car

Is the dealer able to remove the factory installed options if they catch it very early in the process right after allocations?

I believe at this point, and maybe forever, they get what is allocated with no say. There should be a law against calling these things options if you can't buy just a base model with no Factory, or port add-on's.

Is the dealer able to remove the factory installed options if they catch it very early in the process right after allocations?
The dealership I trust the most says they can not. They can change port options early in the process. The other two dealerships I have talked with are more vague about port options but likewise can't do anything on factory.

Latest Discussions

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 9 64.3%
Back