2025 Luxury Plus - Waitlist

rgalvantx

Sep 12, 2024
Houston
Considered several options but finally decided to get on the waitlist for a 25 Luxury+. Excited to see such an enthusiastic online GX community. Was told 25's should be arriving in November. Definitely following several threads on PPF so appreciate people taking time to share. One I tip I received many years ago that has always worked for me, when picking up a new car, my first stop is Discount Tire. They will sell you road hazard warranty on your new car tires. It's paid off for me many times especially when there was new home construction in our neighborhood.

Looking forward to hearing many stories from happy GX owners.

For whatever it is worth, the sales guy I trust the most said they don't know. And to watch for when the 4Runner starts production as they pull from the same parts supply. If they delay the '25 4Runner, then the '25 GX should be hitting the US in December.

I am hoping they release the details on the '25 GX and 4Runner in the next month so I can decide if I want to hold off or go for a '24 GX. I would bet the '25 GX will be unchanged but if they added a 3rd row to the Overtrail or a Tundra like Hybrid, I might wait for the '25. And if the 4Runner Platinum comes in $10k+ under the GX P+ or OT, that could get me to reconsider.

For whatever it is worth, the sales guy I trust the most said they don't know. And to watch for when the 4Runner starts production as they pull from the same parts supply. If they delay the '25 4Runner, then the '25 GX should be hitting the US in December.

I am hoping they release the details on the '25 GX and 4Runner in the next month so I can decide if I want to hold off or go for a '24 GX. I would bet the '25 GX will be unchanged but if they added a 3rd row to the Overtrail or a Tundra like Hybrid, I might wait for the '25. And if the 4Runner Platinum comes in $10k+ under the GX P+ or OT, that could get me to reconsider.
Yeah, I'm somewhat in the same boat, trying to decide if I want to jump on a 24 or wait. I'm hoping they fix the vibration/brake issues on the 25s. But it's anyone's guess! I think most of the sales folks are just shooting from the hip, at least your guy had rationale behind his statement.

I'm dealing with the sales manager who I know through an alumni sports message board. Not sure why he would tell me that if he didn't have at least a hint, but it's still an allocation system so I didn't take it to mean mine would be delivered in November, but just that the list for 2025's would start getting cleared. If it ends up being Q2 of 2025 I would be bummed but still excited.

Considered several options but finally decided to get on the waitlist for a 25 Luxury+. Excited to see such an enthusiastic online GX community. Was told 25's should be arriving in November. Definitely following several threads on PPF so appreciate people taking time to share. One I tip I received many years ago that has always worked for me, when picking up a new car, my first stop is Discount Tire. They will sell you road hazard warranty on your new car tires. It's paid off for me many times especially when there was new home construction in our neighborhood.

Looking forward to hearing many stories from happy GX owners.
Welcome to the forum.

As someone who went from a 08 GX470 to a GX550 Lux+, I'd be very interested / looking at the hybrid powertrain, which I assume is coming at the start of 2025. It's not the gas mileage that hurts, but the range per tank that is a small inconvenience. I feel like I'm at the gas station all the time. But as others have noted, I think it's also partially due to the large amount of fuel reserve Lexus baked into the gas light / range until empty logic. My '08 had roughly the same range so that's why I was surprised by my increase in fill up frequency.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 6 75.0%
Back