3 days old- *no longer* dead in my garage

May 14, 2024
Media
SE USA
As the title says. Day 3. Just got home an hour or so ago. Went to start it up, nothing. Electronics come on, but that’s it. Glad it happened today and not during our vacation tomorrow

Attachments

• IMG_3170.jpeg
    IMG_3170.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 128
Have started it it and driven it a few times since and no issues. Still weird- seen similar issues with the new Tacos out there. Got a service appt Saturday to have it checked out just the be safe.

I mean it did happen so I wouldn’t say it is clickbait.

Wonder if this was an OTA update or something? Was rebooting and wasn’t quite ready yet.
Dealer said a safety feature triggered
A problem in and of itself is certainly knowledge. There doesn't have to be a solution. And a brand new car that doesn't start is a problem. Also the OP isn't being alarmist or histrionic over it.
Just sharing an experience I had in a vehicle everyone here has interest in in hopes of understanding if anyone else experienced anything similar or at the least share the experience for anyone else who may (hopefully not) experience it.

Good luck, I hope this was just a one off experience for you. Certainly seems like correct use of a car forum to me. Every one I’ve been on serves in part to document problems with potential crowd sourcing of a solution. Even if for such a newly released vehicle there might not be any solutions readily apparent.

I appreciate you sharing. I was hoping it was something like you grabbed the wrong keys :D Maybe update the title of the post, but I guess it's hard to summarize what happened to you in a Subject line. Best of luck!

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comfort

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)