5200 MILE UPDATE

Mar 3, 2024
Media
Silverdale wa
Just had my 5000 mile service completed on my Lux +, discussed the brake squealing issue and hood fluttering. Service advisor stated the with the ceramic pad a quick stop will clean the pads and stop the squealing. Advisor also stated hood fluttering just the way it is due to large area of the hood. WiIl need to figure something out.

Overall MPG is about 18-19 MPG average. Completed a 3000 mile trip down and back from Washington State to San Diego avg 20-21.5 MPG., mainly in ECO/Normal mode. Lowest was 18.5 heading north into a headwind, wind noise was not too bad.

Have done three oil changes, one at 600 miles, 2100 miles and 5000. Was using toyota oil but it seems that Toyota has changed the ADPACK and I switched over to Pennzoil Ultra Platinum. Using OEM filters. Will stick with 5k OCI's. Next oil change is free at 10K.

Powertrain has been smooth no issues.

Wish I had more storage in console area, cool box was nice on road trip.

Would be nice if 2nd row was adjustable, maybe in the future. Wife rode in third row was not bad for her.

On my trip only saw three other GX 550's in San Diego nowhere else. Did see the new LC from the back it looks a lot like the GX. The one GX was a OT really like the AT tires, looks sharp.

Funny thing, apparently there are still not many GX's to be had. At the dealer yesterday I had a salesman ask me if some customers could look at my GX, the dealer only has one and it was getting PFF'ed.

Just had my 5000 mile service completed on my Lux +, discussed the brake squealing issue and hood fluttering. Service advisor stated the with the ceramic pad a quick stop will clean the pads and stop the squealing. Advisor also stated hood fluttering just the way it is due to large area of the hood. WiIl need to figure something out.

Overall MPG is about 18-19 MPG average. Completed a 3000 mile trip down and back from Washington State to San Diego avg 20-21.5 MPG., mainly in ECO/Normal mode. Lowest was 18.5 heading north into a headwind, wind noise was not too bad.

Have done three oil changes, one at 600 miles, 2100 miles and 5000. Was using toyota oil but it seems that Toyota has changed the ADPACK and I switched over to Pennzoil Ultra Platinum. Using OEM filters. Will stick with 5k OCI's. Next oil change is free at 10K.

Powertrain has been smooth no issues.

Wish I had more storage in console area, cool box was nice on road trip.

Would be nice if 2nd row was adjustable, maybe in the future. Wife rode in third row was not bad for her.

On my trip only saw three other GX 550's in San Diego nowhere else. Did see the new LC from the back it looks a lot like the GX. The one GX was a OT really like the AT tires, looks sharp.

Funny thing, apparently there are still not many GX's to be had. At the dealer yesterday I had a salesman ask me if some customers could look at my GX, the dealer only has one and it was getting PFF'ed.
Sweet. I didn’t know we had ceramic pads. I have the same experience as you. Smooth as butter. As for the AT tires, you should get some. I think it’s one of the most cost effective ways to get better inclement weather performance and looks. It’s like night and day with AT tires vs all seasons.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back