Very soft hood

usuzukuri

Sep 13, 2024
US
I was at the dealer yesterday doing another test drive. Dealer called me said the car is ready, drove in and they said they made a mistake......

The demo vehicle definitely has the hood flutter issue. After test drive, I tried to press down on the center of the hood and noticed that it's super soft with lots of flexibility, more like plastic than metal. I did the same to other Lexus models like RX, TX and didn't see this problem. All the hoods on TX/RX are pretty solid.

Anyone observing this?

My hood is okay at hwy speeds. A little vibration.

I’ve noticed the sheet metal all around feels thin to me.

You can press on the doors in certain areas and get that soft feeling.

When I press on my Cayenne in the same areas it feels hard as a rock.

But, let’s be honest with ourselves…. We’re getting a little soft and not hard as a rock like we used to lol 😂

Thanks for the info. May I ask when did you received your GX? Hopefully they fixed in the later deliveries. Also, you mentioned 88mph, is that mean you only drove up to 88mph or observe flutter after 88mhz?

My hood is okay at hwy speeds. A little vibration.

I’ve noticed the sheet metal all around feels thin to me.

You can press on the doors in certain areas and get that soft feeling.

When I press on my Cayenne in the same areas it feels hard as a rock.

But, let’s be honest with ourselves…. We’re getting a little soft and not hard as a rock like we used to lol 😂
lol, I'm still hard as rock my friend....:D

Thanks for the info. May I ask when did you received your GX? Hopefully they fixed in the later deliveries. Also, you mentioned 88mph, is that mean you only drove up to 88mph or observe flutter after 88mhz?
The GX I test drove was delivered to the dealer in April 2024. That vehicle had no hood flutter when I drove it up to 75mph.

The vehicle I bought was built on 09/03/2024 and arrived at dealership on 10/08/2024.

I drove my vehicle up to 88mph. At 88mph there was no hood flutter.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back