Below MSRP now?

gvan1998

May 24, 2024
Media
MD
Has anybody paid below MSRP since its close to 2025?
On the Land Cruiser forums, people are paying 2-3k below MSRP now.

I think it depends on where you are.

I think it is still MSRP where I am - Massachusetts, maybe you could talk to the advisor to knock $500-2000 off if they have more than a few unsold ones. Our sales advisor informed us 2025 model year release is delayed, probably end Oct or Nov. I looked at their allocation list for 2024 models last week and they had quite a few 2024Y still at Tahara factory, not shipped and not arriving until October 2024. So if you could hold off for a month or two, you could probably get a better deal on a 2024 model year.

I also cross shopped LC250 before ordering our GX550 - LCs are still selling like hot cakes here for the LC trim. Most are MSRP as of last week. We saw one in Heritage blue at our local dealer and it was sold within a day. At another dealer, they received three units last week and all sold immediately. Won't even allow for test drive. Another dealer still has one but it has market adjustments of $6k.

I think it depends on where you are.

I think it is still MSRP where I am - Massachusetts, maybe you could talk to the advisor to knock $500-2000 off if they have more than a few unsold ones. Our sales advisor informed us 2025 model year release is delayed, probably end Oct or Nov. I looked at their allocation list for 2024 models last week and they had quite a few 2024Y still at Tahara factory, not shipped and not arriving until October 2024. So if you could hold off for a month or two, you could probably get a better deal on a 2024 model year.

I also cross shopped LC250 before ordering our GX550 - LCs are still selling like hot cakes here for the LC trim. Most are MSRP as of last week. We saw one in Heritage blue at our local dealer and it was sold within a day. At another dealer, they received three units last week and all sold immediately. Won't even allow for test drive. Another dealer still has one but it has market adjustments of $6k.
In California - we're still seeing $10-$20K over sticker. There are a couple of dealers that do not charge a mark-up, but they are few and far between with massive waiting lists.

Under MSRP?

Up in Canada supply is still so thin I’m still waiting on my pre order 15 months later.

Locally, I'm seeing $12k over MSRP or join the 300+ person waitlist. The dealer where I got my OT+ stopped taking deposits for OT and OT+ trim due to backlog.

If you don't want to pay the markup, maybe arrange to buy out of state and ship/drive home? Still cheaper than the $10- 12k? Does Lexus allow dealers to sell to out of state?

Lexus Watertown MA, Toyota Watertown MA, Toyota Wellesley MA - MSRP on GX550 and LC250s as of last weekend. As far as I know, all three of dealers never played the markup game. List price but you have to wait..

I was at a BMW dealer in MA last week cross shopping on X5s and they were willing to negotiate pricing. No mark ups.

Surprised to still see $10-12k markups on the GX elsewhere..

I was able to find a SoCal dealer that is at MSRP, but they have $3K of add-ons for ceramic coating, tint, and Xpel. Next best was at a $5K markup, which I turned down and they said "throw out an offer". I turned that down again.

I've been on the Longo list who's at MSRP without add-ons since early July. I called this morning and they said I'm now 5th in line for the trim they have me down for. They're estimating another 2-3 months.

The GX that is available locally with a $12k markup is actually from a car brokerage, not the dealership. I'm not aware of any Lexus dealerships charging over MSRP for new GXs. Dealers are selling at MSRP, but you just have to wait. Doubt they will negotiate below MSRP until they go through the waitlist.

The GX that is available locally with a $12k markup is actually from a car brokerage, not the dealership. I'm not aware of any Lexus dealerships charging over MSRP for new GXs. Dealers are selling at MSRP, but you just have to wait. Doubt they will negotiate below MSRP until they go through the waitlist.
Unfortunately, that's not the case her in California. The majority of dealerships are charging over MSRP even if you are on their waitlists.

Where I am, the list is still 200 deep. Anyone that walks from their allocation that arrived at dealer, is replaced by the next person in line and sold in 5 minutes… literally 5 minutes.

I have mine now, but when I was waiting because of the hold at port, some dude walked from his. My guy texted me. I didn’t respond for 5 minutes cus phone was in my pocket. By the time i texted back, someone else had already spoken up to buy it

Dealer in NY went into the computer for his allocation list and found the car I wanted. Arrived in 2mos and shipped to CA. Go it 2 wks ago. Very happy I went this way than paying $10-20K for the Nori green pearl OT + I wanted ! Paid MSRP + $1200 for ceramic coating and Nitro fill tires and warranty

Dealer in NY went into the computer for his allocation list and found the car I wanted. Arrived in 2mos and shipped to CA. Go it 2 wks ago. Very happy I went this way than paying $10-20K for the Nori green pearl OT + I wanted ! Paid MSRP + $1200 for ceramic coating and Nitro fill tires and warranty
Hi Dr. Bob. Would you mind sharing the details of your transaction? I live in LA as well and if I can work out a deal like yours I would pull the trigger.

Hi Dr. Bob. Would you mind sharing the details of your transaction? I live in LA as well and if I can work out a deal like yours I would pull the trigger.

Attachments

• IMG_4404.jpeg
    IMG_4404.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 89
Call MARCELLO directly. He’s an expert in selling cars out of state and will help you with all the paperwork,arrange to pay your state sales tax and register in your state. I’m very happy with him and the dealership. Tell him Bob from CA referred you!

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)