🛠️ Member Build Custom Sound System

�Member Build

Jrox

Sep 6, 2024
Media
sydney
Here in Australia if you order the GX OT (we only have one OT version available), you don’t get the premium sound package.
Has anyone looked into customising the sound system within the GX and what options do you think would work well without compromising warranty? Do we need a new amp for instance, can we use the same speaker wells and wiring or do we need new, was looking at a more powerful option but I don’t want it to be in your face just neatly hidden in the same locations the existing standard speaker system is.
Please share any mods you have done for your build or provide your recommendations. Thnx John R

I talked to a stereo shop for some improvements on the base Overtrail's base stereo but they were hesitant to fiddle with it because it's so new and no one has messed with it yet. They'll experiment for a fee, of course. Or they would certainly install a whole new system. But there isn't any wisdom there yet from actual experience. I'm OK with the base system as is but at some point I want to improve it with better rear door speakers and/or speakers in the D-pillars of the cargo area facing forward. The front seats are full of sound from the doors and dashboard but you can feel the emptiness behind you.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back