Overtrail vs Overtrail+.

Guessing the massage seat backs are also designed to be serviceable for obvious reasons. So plastic panel rather than stitched leather.

Reactions: MJE
Yea but in this case its the higher trim that is plastic lol
Yes, to me that is more premium. The seats without a solid backing look like they have a seat cover, are more prone to stretching and kicking from kids in the back seat.

Eta: the interior of my ‘21 Land Cruiser seems more luxurious than the GX.

Yes, to me that is more premium. The seats without a solid backing look like they have a seat cover, are more prone to stretching and kicking from kids in the back seat.

Eta: the interior of my ‘21 Land Cruiser seems more luxurious than the GX.
I was always curious how they got 21 Land Cruiser they only made 1200 for the U.S.market for 2020 as of early July of that year they only sold 600 they also split 600 for the east white the west got black don’t understand the last run was 2020 how they were able to sell 21 ones

I was always curious how they got 21 Land Cruiser they only made 1200 for the U.S.market for 2020 as of early July of that year they only sold 600 they also split 600 for the east white the west got black don’t understand the last run was 2020 how they were able to sell 21 ones
I believe production ran through Feb/March 2021. I bought mine in Jan 2021 with a Nov 2020 production date.

For the record, we are trading in a ‘17 GX and a ‘21 LC for two GX550s. LC hasn’t lost any value so hard to pass up the opportunity to get the new tech and zero miles on the 550 for free. Will lose a few features since I need the 3rd row so can’t get OT+ like I’d want.

Can anyone confirm that the plain overtrail does not have power adjustable tilt/telescope steering ? the pics/videos of a plain overtrail show it does but the spec sheets say only on overtrail plus has power tilt / telescope ?
I took delivery of my Overtrail on Friday with a Sunroof Delete. It has a Power tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel, puddle lights, and Rear Pedestrian Detection.

I believe production ran through Feb/March 2021. I bought mine in Jan 2021 with a Nov 2020 production date.

For the record, we are trading in a ‘17 GX and a ‘21 LC for two GX550s. LC hasn’t lost any value so hard to pass up the opportunity to get the new tech and zero miles on the 550 for free. Will lose a few features since I need the 3rd row so can’t get OT+ like I’d want.
I love my LC BUT TRADING it for OT+ enjoy your new rides

Howdy!

Well, it time to upgrade my 05 GX, had it since new and its still kicking! I can't seem to decide if the Overtrail+ is worth it over the non + model. I find it really annoying that most of the options are available for both models, minus the ML sound system and the digital key. Also a 8K difference and still have to pay extra for a bunch of options are kinda crazy.

As far as I can tell, here is what 8K difference gets you on the OT+:
  1. 10 Way Power Seats (vs 8 way on the OT).
  2. Front Massaging Seats
  3. Power-tilt Steering Wheel
  4. Thematic Ambient Lighting
  5. Seat + Mirror + Steering Wheel Memory
  6. Heated Second Row Seats
  7. Wireless Phone Charger
  8. Second Row Sunshades
  9. Illuminated Door Sills
  10. Outside Mirrors with Puddle Lamps
  11. Power Tailgate with Kick Sensor
  12. Rear Pedestrian Detection on the Intuitive Park Assist, both models have Intuitive Park Assist
Still optional on the OT+ is the Traffic Jam Assist, Digital Key, Mark Levinson Sound System, Cool Box.

For that 8K upcharge on the OT+ what you get is not worth it IMO, 8K all in for all the options would be an easier pill to swallow. Am I on the only one thinking the same? Id appreciate feedback! Ultimately, I am in love with the design and most than likely will be getting one.... just trying to justify that 10K upcharge for fully loaded model.
Does anyone know the gas tank size, I’ve seen 17 and 21 listed. Are there 2 options?

10K for all those features is not bad. I have the OT and the only thing I miss are the memory seats. For me everything else is fluff. The sound system in the OT is fine for me. I didn't have much choice in the matter. The OT became available at Lexus Carlsbad and there were 90 people on the waiting list in late June. I had to decide quickly. I got it for MSRP and the LC FE (which is still in transit) had a 10K premium over MSRP so the GX was cheaper and an OT+ would have been around the same price. I see that some dealers here in San Diego and Orange County are still charging a premium over list for the LC.

The OT+ wasn't worth the extra 8K in my opinion. I think the main selling point was the massaging seats. However, I do miss having Seat + Steering wheel memory. This should of been standard on all trims.

Reactions: JPE

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comfort

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 1 6.7%