🛠️ Member Build Eddie's 2024 OverTrail

�Member Build

ec1c173

Sep 24, 2024
Media
LosT Angeles
Hello All, My name is Eddie from Southern California. I picked up my Overtrail from Longo Lexus on July 2024. Big thanks to Dennis lo from Fleet Department for getting me the GX with no Markup.

My previous daily driver was a 2014 GX460 wrapped in a milk tea color from Milliotone film. I have been working in the auto parts industry for over 10 years, and I believe that the new GX platform is a game changer for the Toyota off-road world. I would love to document the build-up for this GX550 via this forum and provide honest reviews of all the aftermarket parts that will be installed on my vehicle.

The night we picked up our GX550 from Longo Lexus :)

Spec : 2024 Lexus GX550 Overtrail
Incognito w/ Black Interior
Factory Black Emblem/ Roof rack / Roof Rail
Cool Box
Head up Display

83492B63-2CE7-41A0-B45B-7F214634BAD3_1_105_c.jpeg

WINDOW TINT

First thing first - living in Southern California, the sun is brutal, and illegal window tint is a must :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. ( Windshield/ Front Driver/Passenger Windows are illegal to be tinted in Cali (n) )

I had the car dropped off at Impressive Wrap in El Monte to get full car Ceramic tinted with Relzon tint. Cermaic tint is pretty much the new standard for tint now a day. It's a day and night difference for heat reduction and block off 99% UV. I chose to tint my windshield at 35% and all other windows at 15%. Although it may sound quite dark, it's perfect for daily use and doesn't affect my nighttime vision.

NEW WHEEL SET UP

Working in the wheel/auto parts industry for over 10 years has given me the knowledge and resources to manufacture my own monoblock forged wheels. Here is the first set I built for my GX. The spec is a little bit on the aggressive side but I think it works well with the factory Toyo AT Tires 265/70R18. It does have a slight poke and zero rub.

Size : 18x8.5 ET0
Finish : Gloss Brushed Gunmetal
Weight : 12.7 kg each
Material : Monoblock Forged

IMG_4938.jpeg

IMG_4940.jpeg

IMG_4939.jpeg

WINDOW VISOR

WellVisor - R&D Vehicle for WellVisor - August 2024 .

I was invited by WellVisor to try out their new visor for the GX550. This is the slide-in type, and the installation was very straightforward as it does not require any double-sided tape or clips. The visor does require a minimum of 24 hours to "settle in". The reason I mention this is because there's a safety feature for the window to roll down automatically if it detects something in the way (such as fingers, etc.). To let it settle in, simply leave the window closed for 24+ hours, and the window will work normally again without trying to roll down on its own when you try to close it.

I love how simple the design is and it sits flush with the door. Definitely a must-get accessory for all GX owner.

IMG_5398.jpeg

IMG_5417.jpeg

IMG_5416.jpeg

Aftermarket Exhaust

Magnaflow wants to use the GX for some R&D , since I was planning to go on Vacation to Hawaii with the wifey. It would be a perfect timing to leave them the GX for a week and have them build a cool exhaust system for this platform. I will be posting more updates on the Exhaust once Magnaflow provide more information back to me

To be continue ......

New Custom License Plate

What's better than getting a custom plate that says " GX550 " ? I ordered this plate as soon as I preordered the GX550. The plate came earlier than the GX ( 9 months ) so I was actually rocking it on my GX460 until the 550 arrived and surprisingly I received quite a few negative comments about the plate being on a GX460. People can't take jokes nowadays :p

IMG_6552.jpeg

Next to the list is Lift Kit / Beadlock wheels/ 35s/ Color Change Wrap

I am still researching the best option on the available lift kit ( Dobinson MRR, Kings, Icon, Radflo .. etc ) and should be placing an order soon. If you guys have any recommendations, please comment below and I would love to hear your thoughts on it!

Beadlock wheels - I am building another set of Forged wheels with beadlock rings on it. The wheels should be done in a few weeks and I will be placing an order for some new tires around the same time.

Wrap - another reason I purchased the GX550 is to promote my company's product which is VInyl Wrap film. I love the Incognito finish but business first. I am going to wrap the GX in the upcoming months and the color is still undecided. What color do you guys want to see on this build?

Last edited:
Gorgeous! Whatever wrap color you pick I would add that I really love the contrast black roof seen on some OT. Thanks for all this and future info!

Any wind noise with the visors? I had a pair of wellvisors on my gs350 and it had lots of wind noise on the driver side.

Did they say when they’ll be available for purchase?

Those window visors are pretty slick. I'm looking for something just like them....simple & unobtrusive. Here in AZ having your windows cracked a half inch or so but still covered is a great benefit. Let us know when you think they'll go on sale. Thank you.

Gorgeous! Whatever wrap color you pick I would add that I really love the contrast black roof seen on some OT. Thanks for all this and future info!

Gloss Black roof is something I am considering as well :)

Any wind noise with the visors? I had a pair of wellvisors on my gs350 and it had lots of wind noise on the driver side.

Did they say when they’ll be available for purchase?

Those window visors are pretty slick. I'm looking for something just like them....simple & unobtrusive. Here in AZ having your windows cracked a half inch or so but still covered is a great benefit. Let us know when you think they'll go on sale. Thank you.

I can't tell because the wind noise from the OEM roof rack is louder than any other noise. I just spoke with WellVisor, they said the first batch is still in production and they do not have an ETA when the official date for the release is. Once I hear any update from them, I will post it on here

Following for the Window Visor deets when their ready... I like to crack my windows but not a fan of the whistling (although I am impressed there isn't much buffeting in the 550). I am not a fan of the type that use sticky tape and am on the hunt for these for my 550.

You've got some killer connections :)

Following for the Window Visor deets when their ready... I like to crack my windows but not a fan of the whistling (although I am impressed there isn't much buffeting in the 550). I am not a fan of the type that use sticky tape and am on the hunt for these for my 550.

You've got some killer connections :)
Funny I was a fan of stick-on, which is what I had on the GX460. But after having this set on the 550, I like how settled the visors look. I will keep you posted whenever WellVisor provides more info on the release date.

Just received this phone holder in the mail today. I will post a review with installation photos once the Magsafe charger arrives from Amazon tomorrow.

IMG_0186.jpeg

Gloss Black roof is something I am considering as well :)

I can't tell because the wind noise from the OEM roof rack is louder than any other noise. I just spoke with WellVisor, they said the first batch is still in production and they do not have an ETA when the official date for the release is. Once I hear any update from them, I will post it on here
No doubt. Just pull the top rack off and stick it in the garage. Takes 30 minutes and it quiet as a mouse after that.

Hello All, My name is Eddie from Southern California. I picked up my Overtrail from Longo Lexus on July 2024. Big thanks to Dennis lo from Fleet Department for getting me the GX with no Markup.

My previous daily driver was a 2014 GX460 wrapped in a milk tea color from Milliotone film. I have been working in the auto parts industry for over 10 years, and I believe that the new GX platform is a game changer for the Toyota off-road world. I would love to document the build-up for this GX550 via this forum and provide honest reviews of all the aftermarket parts that will be installed on my vehicle.

The night we picked up our GX550 from Longo Lexus :)

Spec : 2024 Lexus GX550 Overtrail
Incognito w/ Black Interior
Factory Black Emblem/ Roof rack / Roof Rail
Cool Box
Head up Display

View attachment 3879

WINDOW TINT

First thing first - living in Southern California, the sun is brutal, and illegal window tint is a must :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. ( Windshield/ Front Driver/Passenger Windows are illegal to be tinted in Cali (n) )

I had the car dropped off at Impressive Wrap in El Monte to get full car Ceramic tinted with Relzon tint. Cermaic tint is pretty much the new standard for tint now a day. It's a day and night difference for heat reduction and block off 99% UV. I chose to tint my windshield at 35% and all other windows at 15%. Although it may sound quite dark, it's perfect for daily use and doesn't affect my nighttime vision.

NEW WHEEL SET UP

Working in the wheel/auto parts industry for over 10 years has given me the knowledge and resources to manufacture my own monoblock forged wheels. Here is the first set I built for my GX. The spec is a little bit on the aggressive side but I think it works well with the factory Toyo AT Tires 265/70R18. It does have a slight poke and zero rub.

Size : 18x8.5 ET0
Finish : Gloss Brushed Gunmetal
Weight : 12.7 kg each
Material : Monoblock Forged

View attachment 3880
View attachment 3881
View attachment 3882

WINDOW VISOR

WellVisor - R&D Vehicle for WellVisor - August 2024 .

I was invited by WellVisor to try out their new visor for the GX550. This is the slide-in type, and the installation was very straightforward as it does not require any double-sided tape or clips. The visor does require a minimum of 24 hours to "settle in". The reason I mention this is because there's a safety feature for the window to roll down automatically if it detects something in the way (such as fingers, etc.). To let it settle in, simply leave the window closed for 24+ hours, and the window will work normally again without trying to roll down on its own when you try to close it.

I love how simple the design is and it sits flush with the door. Definitely a must-get accessory for all GX owner.

View attachment 3883
View attachment 3884
View attachment 3885

Aftermarket Exhaust

Magnaflow wants to use the GX for some R&D , since I was planning to go on Vacation to Hawaii with the wifey. It would be a perfect timing to leave them the GX for a week and have them build a cool exhaust system for this platform. I will be posting more updates on the Exhaust once Magnaflow provide more information back to me

To be continue ......

New Custom License Plate

What's better than getting a custom plate that says " GX550 " ? I ordered this plate as soon as I preordered the GX550. The plate came earlier than the GX ( 9 months ) so I was actually rocking it on my GX460 until the 550 arrived and surprisingly I received quite a few negative comments about the plate being on a GX460. People can't take jokes nowadays :p

View attachment 3889

Next to the list is Lift Kit / Beadlock wheels/ 35s/ Color Change Wrap

I am still researching the best option on the available lift kit ( Dobinson MRR, Kings, Icon, Radflo .. etc ) and should be placing an order soon. If you guys have any recommendations, please comment below and I would love to hear your thoughts on it!

Beadlock wheels - I am building another set of Forged wheels with beadlock rings on it. The wheels should be done in a few weeks and I will be placing an order for some new tires around the same time.

Wrap - another reason I purchased the GX550 is to promote my company's product which is VInyl Wrap film. I love the Incognito finish but business first. I am going to wrap the GX in the upcoming months and the color is still undecided. What color do you guys want to see on this build?
This sounds like an amazing journey, you should create a you tube channel and showcase how you make the wheels and the installation. Would like to see the bar work you choose, rock rails, also have you considered air filter and snorkel plus a second battery. The 80lt fuel tank is another concern and it would be interesting what after market options are available without losing the spare wheel space. Cannot wait to see more pics, I reckon you have to do a wrap in a red pearl colour with black as there are no red GX cars anywhere. 😀😀😀

Quick Update :

The GX model specific phone holder has been installed along with a MagSafe wireless charger. I would rate this item 7 out of 10. The installation was straightforward - it doubleside tapped and wraps around the top part of the monitor. My only complaint is that the mounting point from the bracket and MagSafe mount is not sturdy enough. The phone shakes on light, uneven roads.

IMG_0339.jpeg

IMG_0340.jpeg

IMG_0342.jpeg

Look what arrived !!!

Dobinson MRR 3 Ways Arrived
RRW Billet UCA Arrived ( not picture )

If work allows, I should have the lift kit on by next week.

IMG_0402.jpeg

Back