Factory 3M PPF is not what it seems.

Feb 13, 2024
Media
Colorado
We recently took delivery of our GX OT+ with the factory applied 3M PPF.

This is what the website shows:

IMG_0800.png

You can see the red dotted outline shows the bumpers, mirrors, behind the door panels and fenders.

Well, ours does not have anything on the bumper or door handles. It’s just about a 6” strip that’s on the hood (which is funny because the diagram doesn’t show any on the hood).

It’s a bit deceptive. But the price of the PPF at $450 wasn’t horrible.
I just think Lexus should be clear on what’s exactly getting covered.

Last edited:
Discovered the same issue. Lexus should be required to install the protective film as illustrated. Going to start by making my dealer aware to see if it can be resolved.

Agreed ours was also not covered on the bumper which we paid extra to have installed before we drove it home. I did not see the outlined area ever on their promotional documents. I hope you can have the bumpers done for the same price.

The dealer charged me $3551 for the PPF on the entire front end plus a foot or so up the hood plus the side view mirrors. It was a "take it or leave it" dealer tax on the truck. The PPF is already separating at a few small areas on the headlights. You better believe I'll be taking it back across town to that specific dealership to make them replace it as needed.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back