For those waiting on the GX550 Sports Luxury down under

Mikey

Sep 9, 2024
Media
Brisbane Australia
Hi all,

Spoke with my Lexus dealer last week, there is some good news on the Sports Luxury model for the Australian market, it appears that these have started production, a limited number for dealer demo vehicles will arrive in country shortly and hopefully you can both see and test drive the vehicles late October.

The bad news is that in Australia, it appears that the Sports Luxury is going to be the most popular of the three variants being ordered by customers. So potentially longer wait lists. No surprise it is eating into the Toyota LC300 Saraha orders for those who want a bit more luxury and prestige than paying $149k drive away for the standard Sahara (non ZX).

For those not in Australia, the GX550 Sports Luxury is $142k drive away (i.e. inc Destination), it's so expensive in Australia because these vehicles trigger Luxury Car Tax (LCT), that's a nonsense that is there to protect the now defunct Australian car manufacturing industry. There's about $20k of taxes in this figure including Goods and Services Tax (GST) and other stamp duties depending on your state. It's just BS, of course the AUD isn't as strong as the USD against the YEN.

Hi all,

Spoke with my Lexus dealer last week, there is some good news on the Sports Luxury model for the Australian market, it appears that these have started production, a limited number for dealer demo vehicles will arrive in country shortly and hopefully you can both see and test drive the vehicles late October.

The bad news is that in Australia, it appears that the Sports Luxury is going to be the most popular of the three variants being ordered by customers. So potentially longer wait lists. No surprise it is eating into the Toyota LC300 Saraha orders for those who want a bit more luxury and prestige than paying $149k drive away for the standard Sahara (non ZX).

For those not in Australia, the GX550 Sports Luxury is $142k drive away (i.e. inc Destination), it's so expensive in Australia because these vehicles trigger Luxury Car Tax (LCT), that's a nonsense that is there to protect the now defunct Australian car manufacturing industry. There's about $20k of taxes in this figure including Goods and Services Tax (GST) and other stamp duties depending on your state. It's just BS, of course the AUD isn't as strong as the USD against the YEN.
Wonder if we will be getting a MY25 model :unsure:

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back