Got on the list for a 2025 Overtrail+

Thx_1158

Aug 7, 2024
Texas
Hello folks..... just got on the list for a 25 Overtrail+. I dont need a vehicle right away and thought it prudent to let the first model year finish production before I jump in. I've learned a ton already by lurking and I look forward to my interactions here.

Hello folks..... just got on the list for a 25 Overtrail+. I dont need a vehicle right away and thought it prudent to let the first model year finish production before I jump in. I've learned a ton already by lurking and I look forward to my interactions here.
Welcome and enjoy your stay :) what are you driving now while you wait?

Welcome and enjoy your stay :) what are you driving now while you wait?
I have a heavily modified 21 Wrangler Rubicon and a 24 Lincoln Aviator. Before the Aviator we had a series of Land Rovers, however I've always had a wrangler on the side...LOL.

Any changes? Usually second MY is identical just a price increase
Usually some basic issues with production or supplier quality gets worked out as the production entered subsequent years. I do expect a price change and honestly aside from the production/supplier quality improvements I would not expect changes beyond some software recalibrations and the like.

Any insight on when the 2025 GX will be officially announced? All the info I've seen is summer of 2024, but we are half way through August now.

I think you are a wise man. I am also now thinking this is a better approach. Toyota is being way to quite on the V35A engine recall and if there is "ANY" potential issue impacting the GX? Besides we are so close to the 2025 models why would I purchase the last of the 2024 (first) model year. (Yes, I understand there is likely a price increase coming). Additionally, I would like to know more about things like hood wobble and the OT vibration issue. Perhaps there may also be information regarding the Hybrid.

I will be asking my dealer(s) to move my request to the 2025 model year.

Did they give you any indication of when you can anticipate getting an allocation? What dealer are you working with?

Did they give you any indication of when you can anticipate getting an allocation? What dealer are you working with?
No they did not and I’m dealing with Lexus of Grapevine. I’m not real happy with the dealer as they don’t communicate very well and use a lot of AI generated emails. I’ll see what happens with the 25’s but I would expect to see that info here before the dealers.

I think you are a wise man. I am also now thinking this is a better approach. Toyota is being way to quite on the V35A engine recall and if there is "ANY" potential issue impacting the GX? Besides we are so close to the 2025 models why would I purchase the last of the 2024 (first) model year. (Yes, I understand there is likely a price increase coming). Additionally, I would like to know more about things like hood wobble and the OT vibration issue. Perhaps there may also be information regarding the Hybrid.

I will be asking my dealer(s) to move my request to the 2025 model year.
Supposedly the recall is with US made engines, not the Japanese facility?

No they did not and I’m dealing with Lexus of Grapevine. I’m not real happy with the dealer as they don’t communicate very well and use a lot of AI generated emails. I’ll see what happens with the 25’s but I would expect to see that info here before the dealers.
I got on the 2025 list yesterday in Jax FL for an OT. Dealer told me 9 to 12 months.

Where did you get that info from?
Tech at the dealer, who said Tahara is not affected, so who knows if accurate. Searching...

"LX600 is made in 2 different plants in Japan, I believe the older 570 was in Tahara which is the best factory they have.

If GX550 doesnt start having the same issue then the affected LX600s are the ones made in Yoshiwara which I think make the bulk of the LX600s and all of the LC300

• Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada, Inc. – Cambridge, Ontario, Canada —assembles the Lexus RX, as well as the Lexus RX Hybrid.
  • Toyota Motor Kyushu – Miyawaka, Fukuoka, Japan — assembles the Lexus UX.
  • Toyota Tahara Plant – Tahara, Japan — assembles the Lexus LS, IS, GX, LX, and RC.
  • Toyota Yoshiwara Plant – Toyota, Aichi, Japan — assembles the Lexus LX.
  • Toyota Miyata Plant – Miyawaka, Fukuoka, Japan — assembles the Lexus IS and ES.
  • Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky, Inc. – Georgetown, Kentucky, United States — assembles the Lexus ES.
  • Toyota Motomachi Plant – Toyota, Aichi, Japan — assembles the Lexus LC.
"

"https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2024/RCLRPT-24V381-6004.PDF"

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+