GX 550 Vehicle Safety Control System Alert in App

Pottsy

Jun 9, 2024
Media
USA
Took delivery today on an OT+. No issues that I can tell in the vehicle but I noticed this Vehicle Alert in the app tonight. Has anyone else encountered this? I’ll call the dealer tomorrow but have a feeling it’s a glitch in the app because I am not getting any warnings in the actual vehicle which doesn’t seem right if there’s an actual issue.

I’m taking her out in the morning and will see if disabling/re-enabling traction control clears it as a start. Hoping I don’t actually need to take it in if it’s nothing.

Love the freaking ride so far.

Attachments

• IMG_0862.jpeg
    IMG_0862.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0863.jpeg
    IMG_0863.jpeg
    268.3 KB · Views: 55
Haven’t taken delivery yet, but I see that same error message on the Lexus app for my GX. Hopefully will get my OT+ within a week or so (been at Jax port for a week already). Curious to know if it’s just a glitch or something that needs to be addressed in the car. Will bring it up to dealer if it’s still there when mine comes in.

Took delivery of mine as well(Thursday). Same error in my app. Spoke to the dealer and they advised to bring it in. Have an appointment for Monday. Will keep the thread posted.

Appears the alert triggered June 10th, at port arrival in Jacksonville, and has not "cleared".

Attachments

• IMG_2614.png
    IMG_2614.png
    234.7 KB · Views: 51
Interesting. I have a feeling it has something to do with something that they do during transport and is likely nothing based on you both seeing it too. I’m gonna play around with some things today and see if anything changes, but definitely interested to hear what the dealer says. I’ll give mine a call today as well.

Took delivery today on an OT+. No issues that I can tell in the vehicle but I noticed this Vehicle Alert in the app tonight. Has anyone else encountered this? I’ll call the dealer tomorrow but have a feeling it’s a glitch in the app because I am not getting any warnings in the actual vehicle which doesn’t seem right if there’s an actual issue.

I’m taking her out in the morning and will see if disabling/re-enabling traction control clears it as a start. Hoping I don’t actually need to take it in if it’s nothing.

Love the freaking ride so far.
I picked mine up yesterday and had same message (see photos). I called dealer who told me to close the app and see if it would rest since there weren’t any messages on dash. Although it didn’t work immediately, the warming message went away a few hours later. Maybe it had to due with the computer nonsense that happened yesterday nationwide. 🤷🏼‍♂️. But it did go away. Hope it fixes itself for you!

Attachments

• IMG_4383.png
    IMG_4383.png
    193.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4382.png
    IMG_4382.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4381.png
    IMG_4381.png
    140.6 KB · Views: 52
I picked mine up yesterday and had same message (see photos). I called dealer who told me to close the app and see if it would rest since there weren’t any messages on dash. Although it didn’t work immediately, the warming message went away a few hours later. Maybe it had to due with the computer nonsense that happened yesterday nationwide. 🤷🏼‍♂️. But it did go away. Hope it fixes itself for you!
WOW! Had the app closed all last night. Went in this morning and the alert is gone.

I guess I'll cancel my appointment.

Nice, good to hear it cleared for you. It's still showing in mine as of this morning, but I haven't fired up the truck yet. Will report back if mine clears as well.

Had same issue.. Premium + last Thursday delivery.
No notification on dash
but problem notification on app. with date from the vehicle at the PORT before delivery.

THE APP has an update feature.. (does not always update even using the feature (tire pressure for one)

SOOO..

try the update feature (typical circle arrow near bottom of health page)\
the tire pressure does not update all the time or even overnight... (seems to update if in car running and push the update indicator)
the fault updated 2 days later and disappeared.. (called multiple dealers one suggested app update)

I cannot imagine why all health and issues and tire pressure do not update every time you press the indicator. I want to know my tire pressure when cold overnight..

ANOTHER PROBLEM.. the cruise control setting .. on my vehicle the actual speed is one mile less than the cruise setting. .. confirmed by multiple speed radar signs and by the speedometer vs cruise control setting.. will be curious how they can fix this..\(hope it is just an adjustment)

ALSO not sure why lexus does not have the vehicle programmed to lock when walking away with the key.. BUT THE GOOD NEWS is "apparently" at the 5000 mile service the dealer will do a one time (FREE) adjustment to feature settings that the driver does not have access to thru the infotainment system.. have to ask for it.. and only one time no charge.. I was told this was an adjustment that could be made by the dealer. WHY THEY PROGRAM NO VEHICLES from the factory to have this feature.. is beyond my comprehension...

No notification on dash
but problem notification on app. with date from the vehicle at the PORT before delivery.

THE APP has an update feature.. (does not always update even using the feature (tire pressure for one)

SOOO..

the tire pressure does not update all the time or even overnight... (seems to update if in car running and push the update indicator)
the fault updated 2 days later and disappeared.. (called multiple dealers one suggested app update)

I cannot imagine why all health and issues and tire pressure do not update every time you press the indicator. I want to know my tire pressure when cold overnight..

ANOTHER PROBLEM.. the cruise control setting .. on my vehicle the actual speed is one mile less than the cruise setting. .. confirmed by multiple speed radar signs and by the speedometer vs cruise control setting.. will be curious how they can fix this..\(hope it is just an adjustment)

ALSO not sure why lexus does not have the vehicle programmed to lock when walking away with the key.. BUT THE GOOD NEWS is "apparently" at the 5000 mile service the dealer will do a one time (FREE) adjustment to feature settings that the driver does not have access to thru the infotainment system.. have to ask for it.. and only one time no charge.. I was told this was an adjustment that could be made by the dealer. WHY THEY PROGRAM NO VEHICLES from the factory to have this feature.. is beyond my comprehension...
Glad to hear the message in the app went away for you as well. Seems like something that happens while in Port/Shipment that takes a min to clear.

For locking the doors, if you touch the little indent on the outside of the door handle when you exit the doors will lock... I have been primarily using the digital key and find it easier than getting out my fob which I sometimes have in my backpack when commuting (not not with me at all) or hitting lock in the App. I just tap the little rectangle indent as I walk away and all the doors lock. I just realized that was there and thought the door controls were only under the handle like it is for unlocking.

No notification on dash

SOOO..

Mine has the same cruise control issue. I actually had the same issue with my FJ Cruiser, the dealer could never fix it...Did not have that issue with my 2021 4Runner.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comfort

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)