GX550 30 Day Stop Sale?

The updates have been on individual unit status not what the issue or issues might be. My personal status up dates have come on Fridays. Sometimes nothing changes from the Friday before but like today I got the update my unit arrived the port two days ago. I’m like most others I would like Toyota/Lexus to make an official statement on what’s going on with the QC hold. It just makes good business sense and stops all the speculation.
Nothing of that makes sense Toyota/Lexus to my knowledge they never said that,that being said if true never got an update on my unit since May 17!!!

Mine is a caviar overtrail+ and I have put 2400 miles on in 5 weeks. I guess I lucked out since mine has no hood shake, vibration. HUD, touchscreen or paint issues. Super happy with my purchase having come from a 2014 4Runner. BTW, I never expect a vehicle like this to be as quiet as a Mercedes or have the silky ride of that car— the GX, at the end of the day, is truck.
Great minds think alike! Waiting on my allocated Caviar Overtrail (QC Hold) and have a 2014 4Runner Trail sitting in my driveway.

I didnt even bother calling my sales person this week but did see this on my morning check of the Land Cruiser forum... Thankfully we currently live in SE Texas so the hill start assist won't be even tested until we're at least 12-15 hours from home....:rolleyes:
1718535742923.png

Don't forget your grain of salt when you read this.... the one thing we know, is that those who actually know aren't saying anything.

I didnt even bother calling my sales person this week but did see this on my morning check of the Land Cruiser forum... Thankfully we currently live in SE Texas so the hill start assist won't be even tested until we're at least 12-15 hours from home....:rolleyes:
View attachment 1423
Don't forget your grain of salt when you read this.... the one thing we know, is that those who actually know aren't saying anything.
Checks out with the error TexLex and I are seeing in our Lexus app.

IMG_8DE4E103E41C-1.jpeg

Added this as a new column to the tracking spreadsheet.

Even with the hold on our GX and lack of explanation, the stupid app allowing some, but not all, to add their GX without an 8 digit code is absolutely infuriating to me.
I wouldn't be too upset. My guess is it's a loop hole in the code and timing is how some of us got it to work.

Theory, it doesn't require the validation code if the infotainment system hasn't been built/programed/booted. I entered the VIN into the app the day I received the allocation. My feature set is still limited since I don't see lock/unlock, remote start, fuel level, odometer, etc. I imagine I'll have to remove and re-add the vehicle from the app once i take delivery.

In the long run, you definitely want the verification code to be working or anyone with your VIN could have remote access to your car...

Checks out with the error TexLex and I are seeing in our Lexus app.

View attachment 1425

Added this as a new column to the tracking spreadsheet.

I had the same error before delivery. I did some online search and contacted my salesperson. I found other Toyota buyers talking about the same error before delivery. My salesperson was familiar with the same and indicated that this is normal as they turn off some systems during shipping. It was cleared by the dealer during the predelivery prep.

On a different note, adding the vehicle before delivery caused lots of issues for me with "Remote Start" functionality. Since the vehicle was already in the app, the dealer couldn't add it or delete it. They had to create a ticket with Lexus and it took some time and pushing from me for Lexus to get it resolved. I would recommend deleting the vehicle before they do the predelivery prep if you can.

Nothing of that makes sense Toyota/Lexus to my knowledge they never said that,that being said if true never got an update on my unit since May 17!!!
Their system updates on Friday at noon. The updates will be different for each unit. It’s not a blanket update. Talk to your dealer it’s exactly what happens.

People IMO!!! We need to put pressure where it lies on the feet of Toyota /Lexus for leaving us in the dark they promised updates on day 29 8:42 est none given promised weekly on Friday!!!
Ok, I’m sure we’re all up for it.

What/who/where do you propose?

I’m done sitting on the sidelines, having to call or text the service rep for a measly update that is always: “we’ll know more next week but it’s looking like next month”.

I’m soooooo tired of hearing next month!!!

Ok, I’m sure we’re all up for it.

What/who/where do you propose?

I’m done sitting on the sidelines, having to call or text the service rep for a measly update that is always: “we’ll know more next week but it’s looking like next month”.

I’m soooooo tired of hearing next month!!!
Lexus Brand Engagement Center - 1-800-255-3987

Their system updates on Friday at noon. The updates will be different for each unit. It’s not a blanket update. Talk to your dealer it’s exactly what happens.
Doesn’t pass the smell test I have no doubt that the updates are on Friday don’t care what time zone 12:00 comes in show me or tell me where they said that that it was individual unit

Doesn’t pass the smell test I have no doubt that the updates are on Friday don’t care what time zone 12:00 comes in show me or tell me where they said that that it was individual unit
Ok. For my unit I’ve had 4 updates with changes all on different Fridays and also Fridays with no changes.

Ok. For my unit I’ve had 4 updates with changes all on different Fridays and also Fridays with no changes.
I’m glad that you have some updates where did Toyota /Lexus state everyone would get separate updates you still have to prove they did their updates are on Fridays never questioned that the question is why we have these holds and on your updates do they tell you it was rectified

Not sure what you are looking for. Lexus has been updating their system every Friday. Talk to your dealer or sit with them in front of the computer and look at your status first hand. . I did and saw my status change through this process. It will not explain the hold but your status will show.

Last edited:
Not sure what you are looking for. Lexus has been updating their system every Friday. Talk to your dealer or sit with them in front of the computer and look at your status first hand. . I did and saw my status change through this process. It will not explain the hold but your status will show.
Listen do you think I was born yesterday given that you might think so I have no news some have called and were referred back to the dealer some couldn’t get through the web sire it’s now 21st century don’t you want why your vehicle is being held so you can make a decision on what you want to do don’t you believe your owed that question did they tell you you vehicle is ready for you and they have your best interest at heart how long have you been waiting we are owed an explanation not speculation !!!!

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)