GX550 30 Day Stop Sale?

Ahh, I once had this lovely feeling of a "no QC Hold".

A few days before the ship date (5/29).... "Good news, yours isn't part of the QC hold"

A few days after the ship date (6/10).... "Yours is now part of the 56 day QC Hold"

Once bright and glorious dreams, now crushed, shattered in bits on an empty garage floor.
Feel your pain some of us been waiting since 5/17 now does it 30 plus or 30 plus 26 days I’m sure Toyota/LEXUS will give us a clear answer since they have been so gracious so far

If I mean to keep my GX550 for a long time, these potential recall concerns shouldn't really influence my purchase, right?
There is the base warranty and then the extra warranty for the drivetrain. I suspect if any of the “unknown hold issues” pop up it should fall well within the warranty time frame. If I am still concerned I can purchase an extended warranty prior to the original expiring. It’s too late for me to worry about it since I own it… so far I could not be happier. My rationale after all that is going on.

There is the base warranty and then the extra warranty for the drivetrain. I suspect if any of the “unknown hold issues” pop up it should fall well within the warranty time frame. If I am still concerned I can purchase an extended warranty prior to the original expiring. It’s too late for me to worry about it since I own it… so far I could not be happier. My rationale after all that is going on.
Thanks, how long is the base warranty for drivetrain?

If I mean to keep my GX550 for a long time, these potential recall concerns shouldn't really influence my purchase, right?
The Toyota/Lexus brand is too important for manufacturer not to step up and take care of any problems. I think there could be an inconvenience to your time if you have to take the vehicle in for warranty work. I have been through the same thinking process as this is a long-term car acquisition for my wife.

I’ve only had my deposit for an Overtrail for 6 months and, thankfully,, don’t have a car assigned to me because the last thing I’d want is a “new” car that’s been sitting outside in the salt air at a port for an extended time.

(I remember what the undersides of US manufactured vehicles looked like when they were sitting on lots waiting for computer chips during Covid, and most of those weren’t anywhere near ports and salt water.)

I’ve only had my deposit for an Overtrail for 6 months and, thankfully,, don’t have a car assigned to me because the last thing I’d want is a “new” car that’s been sitting outside in the salt air at a port for an extended time.

(I remember what the undersides of US manufactured vehicles looked like when they were sitting on lots waiting for computer chips during Covid, and most of those weren’t anywhere near ports and salt water.)

I'm not overly concerned by a 56-day sit. If it breaks down that quick well I'm screwed anyway. If it gets extended much beyond that I may refuse it though and wait for another batch.

Who is going to bail out if the 56 day hold gets extended? I was part of the initial 30 day hold from 5/17. If it gets extended, I'm out and will request to go to the top of the list for 2025 allocation. Do you think dealer will honor that request?

I have heard from the dealer that my OT+ will be arriving at the dealer today ... It has been sitting at the KCK rail yard 20 miles from my house and the dealer since 25 April. Then it was put on QC hold 17 May. I was never told that it was on a 30 or 56 day hold, but it is clear that my OT+ will be here before 56 days after it was put on hold.

Who is going to bail out if the 56 day hold gets extended? I was part of the initial 30 day hold from 5/17. If it gets extended, I'm out and will request to go to the top of the list for 2025 allocation. Do you think dealer will honor that request?
I’m will be in till the end because I have add ons sitting at the dealer sucks to be me I thought in the real world I would have had it already, have they been truthful can’t hurt to try good luck

I have heard from the dealer that my OT+ will be arriving at the dealer today ... It has been sitting at the KCK rail yard 20 miles from my house and the dealer since 25 April. Then it was put on QC hold 17 May. I was never told that it was on a 30 or 56 day hold, but it is clear that my OT+ will be here before 56 days after it was put on hold.
When did the dealer contact you with the good news?

At this pace I don't think I will be seeing the vehicle until 2025 rolls around. Was expecting the vehicle later this year considering where I'm at on Longo's massive list. Might be a blessing in disguise.

When did the dealer contact you with the good news?
Yesterday around noon. It had been weeks since I last saw that tracker that they use at the dealer. The salesman told me that he would contact me when the status changed. But on the website inventory, I had noticed this weekend that the deliver dates for OT+ and Premium+ had been shifted to tight windows in late June. Previous dates listed on the website appeared to be what existed before the QC Hold began. It now looks like multiple OT+ and Premium+ are on the move again. And I am assuming from what I have seen on the dealers website that the Luxury+ were already making it to the dealer.

Congratulations glad you got good news good luck

I've seen two Lexus transports leaving the Alliance area (DFW, TX) in the past two days that had GX's on them. One had a single Premium or Luxury and the other had at least two Overtrails on it.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)