GX550 30 Day Stop Sale?

As of Friday afternoon mine is still on hold. My sales guy said none of his holds have been released yet. Wonder if releases could be based on geography and where certain sites are in the process. JAX is our feeder port.

Got this from my salesman today. Ours come out of Jacksonville.

"The GXs are supposed to start releasing next week from the inspection hold they were in. Each vehicle takes just under an hour to get through so i am not sure how many they have to work through and how fast that will happen."

I had a couple of deposits at a couple of dealers in NorCal and it looks like both the cars are being released at the same time.
They should be here by the first week of July according to the salesmen at both dealers.

Now the question is which one should I pick! My preferred choice is a White Overtrail+ but that has a 3k markup :-(
The other dealer is doing MSRP on an Atomic Silver Overtrail+. So confused!

I had a couple of deposits at a couple of dealers in NorCal and it looks like both the cars are being released at the same time.
They should be here by the first week of July according to the salesmen at both dealers.

Now the question is which one should I pick! My preferred choice is a White Overtrail+ but that has a 3k markup :-(
No markup, don’t reward them. Atomic Silver is awesome.

Got this from my salesman today. Ours come out of Jacksonville.

"The GXs are supposed to start releasing next week from the inspection hold they were in. Each vehicle takes just under an hour to get through so i am not sure how many they have to work through and how fast that will happen."
As of the first hold as least 1400 + GX’sdouble or triple it could be less

ATOMIC SILVER THEN BLACK RHINO rims sooo elegant if I had the choice either way you’re good

Don't pay the markup.

I texted my sales guy and got this back. I'm in Macon, GA and the port is Jacksonville.

"We got some information Friday, but I was waiting on Lexus to confirm it. They said that they have received all the parts to fix and have a company hired to install. They said they will start implementing the fix the 1st of July".

I told my dealer my top 2 colors were white and silver as well. My allocation was white. They both look great. Don’t pay the markup, and for good measure, tell the salesman you took your business to the other Lexus dealership BECAUSE they are charging a markup, then leave a review on their website, telling everyone the other dealerships to go to that are NOT charging markups…

If the markup salesman says “supply and demand”, then say your right… you will go where the “demand” is lower, and never go back there.

That supply/demand reason is such BS. My dealership has a deposit list over 200 deep, and other customers walking around the dealership told me their salesman told them they would have to wait a year. Even with that deep list and no other lexus dealers in my city, they are charging MSRP

I told my dealer my top 2 colors were white and silver as well. My allocation was white. They both look great. Don’t pay the markup, and for good measure, tell the salesman you took your business to the other Lexus dealership BECAUSE they are charging a markup, then leave a review on their website, telling everyone the other dealerships to go to that are NOT charging markups…

If the markup salesman says “supply and demand”, then say your right… you will go where the “demand” is lower, and never go back there.

That supply/demand reason is such BS. My dealership has a deposit list over 200 deep, and other customers walking around the dealership told me their salesman told them they would have to wait a year. Even with that deep list and no other lexus dealers in my city, they are charging MSRP
yep. our dealership was over 450 deep on the paid waiting list back in April and all will sell at MSRP.

I had a dealership trying to mark up a new order Power Wagon in 2022 $15k over MSRP and I found a dealership that ordered me one and sold it to me for 5% BELOW dealer invoice. Any dealership asking more than MSRP will never get my business.

Update from sales:

Our Quality Control hold is lifted and your GX is at the port and should be on a rail by tomorrow heading to Texas.

No specific issues were shared with us. They simply gave a greenlight to move forward with selling and contracting.
Good for you! What trim? THX

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%