GXOT PPF'ed and Tinted.

Zoom650

Apr 24, 2024
Media
Macon, Georgia
I picked up my GX from the tint shop yesterday. This guy has been around 25 years and has tinted my 3 prior Toyotas and a couple of F150's. The Lexus took a 3rd day to complete. The hood film did not adhere properly due to recent rain and high humidity and Dustin redid it.

All film, tint and PPF, was Xpel. Inside glass is ceramic. 35% front including windshield and 15% rear and back glass. As dark as legal in Georgia. First impression I noticed was the back glass which is already pretty dark to begin with and applying 15% makes it really, really dark , so I'm thinking about lightening it up. Dark glasses make it seem like the dead of night. Filming inside the windshield knocks out a lot of glare. This is the first vehicle I've ever put film on the windshield. Inside job: $775.

The PPF covers the front, all light lens, hood, fenders, mirrors, A-pillar and a forward section of roof rear to the moonroof. Dustin tossed in the behind the door handles and the front door scuff plates just because he's a nice guy. $2,573.

So y'all can compare, ... all total with tax: $3,615.

Enjoy the drive!

A look back in the brighter daylight and the rear looks better.

Attachments

• IMG_1938.jpeg
    IMG_1938.jpeg
    250.9 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_1940.jpeg
    IMG_1940.jpeg
    425.9 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_1942.jpeg
    IMG_1942.jpeg
    414.3 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_1941.jpeg
    IMG_1941.jpeg
    466.2 KB · Views: 202
Looks incredible! I am taking mine in on Monday to get a complete color change via PPF. I couldn't get the exterior color I wanted with my allocation, so I am making it happen using PPF. Your color combo was my #1 choice....great looking truck!

Nice, I dropped my just delivered OT off at the detail shop yesterday to get PPF, Ceramic and window tint done. I hope to have it back early next week and will post pics.
I am quoted 3000 for PPF and window tint all windows and the front window. I think it’s a good price. It only PPF on the front clip and mirrors

Any issues with the XPel PPF? My detailing buddy said they have QC issues & XPel is shit for customer service. Their tint is good

Anyone know or have experience about any effect inside windshield ceramic window tint has on the heads up display? I'm all set to have the tinting done on Tuesday and got to wondering about this. Tks!

Anyone know or have experience about any effect inside windshield ceramic window tint has on the heads up display? I'm all set to have the tinting done on Tuesday and got to wondering about this. Tks!
I did the UV tint on the front inside of my OT and no issues with seeing the HUD so far.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comfort

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)