Heat Seats, Steering wheel warmer and Venting Issues

GX550-1031

Jun 26, 2024
SF Bay Area
Luxury + owner here and am finding the heated steering wheel and seats not offering much heat at all. I've customized "my settings" to +2 (more heat) and I still don't feel much warmth. Anyone else having this issue? Am I missing something?

I also found that the air vents blow cold or hot air sometimes even when the blower (and everything) is turned to off. You guys having that issue as well?

when I start the car and the fan is on the ac seems to default to being on, even when ac switch is not illuminated. I think the ac defaults to on. only when I click the ac button to turn it on and then push again to turn it off, does the ac actually turn off. In summary the ac switch doesn't tell you if the ac is on or off, which doesn't seem right to me. I haven't tried the heaters yet, but when it is hot outside and I turn on climate concierge. the steering wheel heater seems to turn on which doesn't make sense. Curious what other's experiences are...

Last edited:
Luxury + owner here and am finding the heated steering wheel and seats not offering much heat at all. I've customized "my settings" to +2 (more heat) and I still don't feel much warmth. Anyone else having this issue? Am I missing something?

I also found that the air vents blow cold or hot air sometimes even when the blower (and everything) is turned to off. You guys having that issue as well?
I have the Premium Plus and no issues with Climate Control in fact it works much better than the past model GX. I set Climate Control to auto and the seats (Front) will automatically cool down based on temp setting. I live in Texas and so far Spring has been very Hot I have not tried the heating features and no issue with the steering wheel. Sorry to hear about your issues...

Last edited:

Do you have a cool box? If so and it is on, the ac will not turn off.

Turning off the cool box will allow the A/C and fan to turn off. I spent 30 minutes trying to figure out the solution and gave up. Should have checked here first. Thanks LARRY for the solution.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comfort

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)