How much notice were you given before delivery?

Sep 28, 2024
Media
Memphis, TN
General question to all…
At what point were you notified by your dealership that you were up next on the list to receive your “semi-custom” ordered GX? During the “build” process? When the “vessel departed”? When the “vessel arrived”? When “On truck for delivery”? I’m a number of you said you were able to get your dealership to “port delete” a couple of major options that you did not want. This would mean that you were informed of your pending GX PRIOR to port arrival. Just curious how much lead time you were given before delivery. I haven’t called my sales person to ask about their process but I’m going to want to be notified before port arrival so I can port delete some options, assuming the dealership will allow it.

I went to test drive any gx one weekend and they didn’t have any available. I dropped by the same dealership the next weekend to check again. They just happened to have a loaded lux+ that another customer declined. It had all the options I wanted but they also had an OT+ on the way that I could have picked up. At the end of the day, the 3rd row and other lux amenities won me over so I put down a deposit and 2 days later I bought it.

Moral of the story, try asking the dealer(s) regarding stock and you might get lucky. Someone else’s trash could be your treasure.

My allocation came available on a Wednesday - take it or leave it by Saturday. I wasn't sure if the money was going to clear in time.

General question to all…
At what point were you notified by your dealership that you were up next on the list to receive your “semi-custom” ordered GX? During the “build” process? When the “vessel departed”? When the “vessel arrived”? When “On truck for delivery”? I’m a number of you said you were able to get your dealership to “port delete” a couple of major options that you did not want. This would mean that you were informed of your pending GX PRIOR to port arrival. Just curious how much lead time you were given before delivery. I haven’t called my sales person to ask about their process but I’m going to want to be notified before port arrival so I can port delete some options, assuming the dealership will allow it.
Hi today I was notified by dealership that the GX arrived in port yesterday, and should arrive to dealership anytime between October 10th-22nd.

At this dealership (Lexus Pembroke Pines FL) you can sit down with the salesman and he can pull up all the future allocations that are coming into the dealership. You can select your color/options/trim etc of their future allocations and select the one you want. It seems like they have the knowledge of all future allocations once they are built and prior to going on the ship.

This salesman didn’t know how to port deletions.

Hi today I was notified by dealership that the GX arrived in port yesterday, and should arrive to dealership anytime between October 10th-22nd.

At this dealership (Lexus Pembroke Pines FL) you can sit down with the salesman and he can pull up all the future allocations that are coming into the dealership. You can select your color/options/trim etc of their future allocations and select the one you want. It seems like they have the knowledge of all future allocations once they are built and prior to going on the ship.

This salesman didn’t know how to port deletions.
Interesting that your dealership offers that amount of info. To those of you who were able to have your dealership port delete some options, do you know what it entails? Did your sales person simply do it online on certain screens or did they have to make some phone calls etc., assuming you were informed a bit on how they would take care of it for you? Trying to arm myself with real world situations before I call my sales person. Thanks

I just told the dealer what colors & trim I wanted and hoped for the best. Got a Incognito/Onyx OT allocated and waited about a month for it to arrive (after a short QC hold). Showed up on a Friday & drove it home the following Monday. From $1k deposit to delivery was ~4 months. Was not given the option to add/delete options but this unit didn’t have much added from factory thankfully. Most all I wanted anyhow. Considering it was @MSRP I wasn’t going to complain. Happy hunting!

Latest Discussions

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back