HUD turn by turn?

WDEKH

Jul 25, 2024
Media
Atlanta
I know it’s been mentioned in a couple threads but hoping someone can walk me through settings to get that to work with Apple car play.

I have HUD said to full and have tried multiple configurations on the gages screen since I read you had to turn the maps off to get it to show up on the HUD.

Could someone share the exact configuration they have to get it to work? I don’t have the map showing but must be doing something wrong.

I remember reading somewhere that if you have turn by turn enabled on your gauges, it won’t also show up in the HUD. I don’t have maps displayed in my gauges, and it it works well in the HUD.

In your gauge cluster, customize it by turning off the map so it doesn’t show it any way in you gauge.

Go into your HUD settings from the center console and change it to “full”. You can choose between full, standard, or minimal. Only the full option will show turn by turn.

In your gauge cluster, customize it by turning off the map so it doesn’t show it any way in you gauge.

Go into your HUD settings from the center console and change it to “full”. You can choose between full, standard, or minimal. Only the full option will show turn by turn.

Yeah, I have mine set to full and have no maps on and still only shows the following distance lines on the HUD.

IMG_3661.jpeg

IMG_3660.jpeg

I have to be missing something but definitely no turn by turn while I’m using Waze via Apple car play. I have tried the build in maps but read where it would work with Waze.

Yeah, I have mine set to full and have no maps on and still only shows the following distance lines on the HUD.

View attachment 2503
View attachment 2504

I have to be missing something but definitely no turn by turn while I’m using Waze via Apple car play. I have tried the build in maps but read where it would work with Waze.
It won’t show a map, only turn by turn as you approach the turn. And only works if you are using Apple Maps for directions on CarPlay

It won’t show a map, only turn by turn as you approach the turn. And only works if you are using Apple Maps for directions on CarPlay
ahh, I thought I read where it would also work with waze but must have misread that. I never use Apple Maps oh well

Curious if it works with Google maps?
It doesn’t work with google maps. Just apple. I was quite annoyed by that. You could set your destination in both maps and have google map pulled up on the screen and let the apple map show you the turn by turn on the HUD. that’s assuming they are telling you the same route to take. Which they may not be from my experience.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)