I Drove One Today

What did you think about the room in the back seat? I'd be interested to know how it compares to the current 4runner backseats.

I sat in one last year when it was on display at the PNW overland expo. I thought it was on par with the current 5th gen 4Runner space wise. The cargo space on the Overtrail was tad longer then the 4Runner though.

I was able to test drive a Premium+ today in NJ. I was only able to spend about 10 minutes with it as there was a line of people waiting to test it. Seems to have plenty of power and drives 'small'. Pretty smooth on our crumbling roads. The one thing that will take getting used to, is the mirrors. I'm not sure if it's the size, shape or placement.
Nice!

Which dealer? Edison?

My Lexus salesman texted me this morning and said he was not supposed to say anything but they had a Lexus GX550 Premium there. If I happened to come by, he would arrange for me to drive it. Of course my wife and I went down to our Lexus dealership. The truck handled very nicely and it does have plenty of pep. The Lexus 3.0 safety features are truly impressive. I liked the HUD, quite notable. We put a deposit down last July and an Atomic Silver GX550 Luxury, with our name on it, and saddle interior will be in next month. It doesnt have captain's chairs but we said we would take it. If we had any doubts whatsoever about the GX550, they are gone now. I told my salesman that it was without a doubt sold. We have owned several first and second generation GXs and I can cleary state the GX550 drives and handles far superior to previous gerantions.

All I can say is I loved it. Fun to drive, lots of power. The HUD is pretty cool too and I was able to verify the integrated brake controller which is something I've really wanted in a new vehicle.
The ride was smooth, powerful and just fun to drive. I test drove a Sequoia, Audi SQ7 and MB. They were all ok but after my test drive today I'm sold.

I'll be getting a Luxury + in white w/black interior at some point when things die down a bit.
My sakesman . They said they had 1 and they were using it for test drives. They said come early as it was gone more than there yesterday.
We went and only one couple ahead of us. It was the Premium trim level.

All I can say is I loved it. Fun to drive, lots of power. The HUD is pretty cool too and I was able to verify the integrated brake controller which is something I've really wanted in a new vehicle.
The ride was smooth, powerful and just fun to drive. I test drove a Sequoia, Audi SQ7 and MB. They were all ok but after my test drive today I'm sold.

I'll be getting a Luxury + in white w/black interior at some point when things die down a bit.
Seeing on the forums the GX 550 is starting to land I called a local dealer to see if they had one, I could look at. They said they had 1 and they were using it for test drives. They said come early as it was gone more than there yesterday.
We went and only one couple ahead of us. It was the Premium trim level.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 6 75.0%
Back