Is the LX worth the extra $25k-$40k over the GX?

Sean950054

Jun 7, 2024
Birmingham, Al
Looking at both trucks I could not justify the extra money for the LX over the new GX? Interior size is pretty much identical, technology wise the GX is better, I think looks wise it’s better. I know it’s probably targeting two different types of buyers. For me we have kids, coming out of a 2021 200 series Land Cruiser. I was hoping the LX would justify that extra money but I couldn’t find it.

Looking at both trucks I could not justify the extra money for the LX over the new GX? Interior size is pretty much identical, technology wise the GX is better, I think looks wise it’s better. I know it’s probably targeting two different types of buyers. For me we have kids, coming out of a 2021 200 series Land Cruiser. I was hoping the LX would justify that extra money but I couldn’t find it.
I couldn’t either. But my wife preferred the LX, so we have one in the driveway. No logic needed, happy wife, happy life. I’m waiting on my GX.

I can compare the 570 vs the 460 premium. Certainly a step above but not justified the 40k extra...I got the lx with 9k miles used for 75k in 2021 before the crazy prices. Way better than the gx.

I couldn’t either. But my wife preferred the LX, so we have one in the driveway. No logic needed, happy wife, happy life. I’m waiting on my GX.
Plus the LX doesn't have that lousy motor in it...or does it? I drove an LX 570 yesterday. It still had the V8 engine.

LX600 has the same engine as the GX550 and the Tundra, its all ICE to me - I've owned the GX and LX for last few decades

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 6 75.0%
Back