MPG

300 miles of range is definitely less than ideal. Especially for an overlander
No argument from me here. I know that doesn't count the reserve after zero, but still you can't get from one Buc-ee's to the next without biting your nails. I think Buc-ee's build every 341 miles.

Reactions: JPE
Ya it’s just a huge bite into the range of my existing car (x5) that will breeze pretty deep into the 500’s on the highway which I have gotten used to.

Instead this gets comparable range to my M2 with a sub 14 gal tank.

My X5 I can breeze past gas stations on a long trip, where the M2 I am filling up every chance I get because of the range anxiety.

In the city? X5 can go over a month between fills whereas the m2 I’m looking for a station every couple weeks at least.

Cost I couldn’t care less about, but I’m speaking from experience on how annoying it is to have to fill up that often.

Thanks. I thought eco was most fuel efficient? Will try normal mode
No kidding, and they dumped the V8 because of MPG? And the one guy getting 11 mpg on a 20 gallon tank gives you just under a 200 mile range. And I thought EV vehicles had a range issue, but at least you can stop every 2 1/2 hours and fuel up. Hopefully this is just break in mileage.

No kidding, and they dumped the V8 because of MPG? And the one guy getting 11 mpg on a 20 gallon tank gives you just under a 200 mile range. And I thought EV vehicles had a range issue, but at least you can stop every 2 1/2 hours and fuel up. Hopefully this is just break in mileage.
I'm not sure that Lexus dropped the V8 for improved fuel economy. At least I haven't seen that stated anywhere by Lexus. To me It makes more sense that the V8 was dropped for improved emissions and because they're able to get equivalent horsepower and torque from their modern turbo V6s so they don't want to keep manufacturing a V8. Should the new GX have a bigger fuel tank? That's a personal choice. It seems a lot of people like a 500+ mile range, but personally I'm OK stopping every 300 miles. It does seem like the aftermarket could get a lot of sales if they came out with an auxiliary fuel tank. Not something that I would be interested in, but there appears to be enough interest that I expect to see one in the next year or so.

I'm not sure that Lexus dropped the V8 for improved fuel economy. At least I haven't seen that stated anywhere by Lexus. To me It makes more sense that the V8 was dropped for improved emissions and because they're able to get equivalent horsepower and torque from their modern turbo V6s so they don't want to keep manufacturing a V8. Should the new GX have a bigger fuel tank? That's a personal choice. It seems a lot of people like a 500+ mile range, but personally I'm OK stopping every 300 miles. It does seem like the aftermarket could get a lot of sales if they came out with an auxiliary fuel tank. Not something that I would be interested in, but there appears to be enough interest that I expect to see one in the next year or so.
Well better MPG equals more miles to the gallon which in turn uses less fuel which equals better or (smaller) carbon footprint.. Actually I read that most manufactures are dropping V8's because of government regulations and government credits. They don't care what the customer wants as the auto manufactures have to follow regulations and they for sure like the credits for going to smaller engines in an effort to reduce emmisions. However putting your foot into those turbos doesen't help.

Reactions: JPE
Been driving a Premium + for a week now in AZ 110 desert heat at elevations ranging from 1800-5600ft. Average MPG sits at ~16.5. Coming from a 2019 4runner there isn’t much of a difference but being 2 gallons short on fuel tank capacity sucks. Plan to grab 2 rotopax and mount them to the factory roof rack for long trips and desert off-roading.

Been driving a Premium + for a week now in AZ 110 desert heat at elevations ranging from 1800-5600ft. Average MPG sits at ~16.5. Coming from a 2019 4runner there isn’t much of a difference but being 2 gallons short on fuel tank capacity sucks. Plan to grab 2 rotopax and mount them to the factory roof rack for long trips and desert off-roading.
great idea, you should look into purchasing one of those old military aircraft fuel tanks like the ones mounted under the aircraft wing. It's areo dynamic and would look cool as hell.. My brotherinlaw had an old Chevy Blazer diesel that sucked fuel like crazy. He picked up a 60 gallon fuel tank from a Carver boat installed it in the back ran a line to the trucks fuel inlet and installed a fuel pump. When the tank got down to 1/4 he just flipped a switch and in about 15 miles down the road his tank was full again. He had tremendous range.. But I think Lexus should offer at least a 36 gallon tank on a $80,000 vehicle, but that's just me. I mean my 2015 F150 has a 36 gallon tank and on trips my range has actually gotten up to 750 miles..

Ya it’s just a huge bite into the range of my existing car (x5) that will breeze pretty deep into the 500’s on the highway which I have gotten used to.

Instead this gets comparable range to my M2 with a sub 14 gal tank.

My X5 I can breeze past gas stations on a long trip, where the M2 I am filling up every chance I get because of the range anxiety.

In the city? X5 can go over a month between fills whereas the m2 I’m looking for a station every couple weeks at least.

Cost I couldn’t care less about, but I’m speaking from experience on how annoying it is to have to fill up that often.
I have an x5 Diesel - I almost forget what gas stations look like...

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comfort

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)