🏆 GXOTM October 2024 - Lexus GX of the Month starts now!

Photo contest

GX of the Month

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 12, 2023
Media
Alamogordo, NM
GX550-LexusGXForum-October2024.jpg

(TexasD-90 🏆 September 2024 Lexus GX of the Month Winner!)​

October’s GX of the Month photo contest is live! It’s time to showcase your 2024+ Lexus GX550 and compete for the ultimate GXOTM bragging rights. The winner will earn a GXOTM badge and a spot on our exclusive GX550 Wall of Fame!

⚠️ The rules to vote on the entries has changed. Please read below carefully. Likes on posts are now votes, you can vote multiple times by liking multiple photos. ⚠️
  • Enter your best Lexus GX550 photo in this thread! (Only one photo per entry, and you must be the owner).
  • Be sure to include a short caption describing your photo
  • Voting closes at the end of October. Previous winners cannot participate again within 6 months of their last win.
  • To cast your vote, just leave a positive reaction (like (y) ) on the post you want to support. You can vote for multiple entries, and earlier posts have more time to accumulate votes!
  • The submission with the most positive votes/likes, wins!

StealthGX-TX-REAR.jpg

GX 550 P+ (Caviar/Saddle) with stealth/satin black exterior touches:
  • P+ wheels powder coated satin black
  • tires modded to Toyo Open Country A/T III 275/60R20 115T Load: SL
  • silver running board accent wrapped satin black
  • front windows tinted to match rear with Llumar IRX
  • full front end XPEL Ultimate PPF with XPEL STEALTH on full hood
  • XPEL STEALTH on outside roof sections
  • full ceramic coating
  • black plates + black Texas Longhorn logo :)

Last edited:
How does the ride feel/sound compared to the stock tires you had on initially? And could a 5th tire fit on the rim in the spare space?
I didn't have the stock on for very long at all but I would say it's as quiet or quieter. These end up being pretty close to 33", actually bigger than the stock OT tires. I haven't fitted a matching spare yet 😔, but I'm pretty sure it would fit if the OT tires would fit.

Heading out for our first overlanding trip into Utah! Not until I had hooked up to the AusRV X 13 offroad trailer did I realize I had some color coordination with our new Overtrail. This trailer is heavy at 5100 lbs dry and the GX pulled it easily over mountain passes with all that torque. My 4Runner with a Magnuson supercharger and lower ratio final drive would struggle on these mountain passes.

So we love it!

Attachments

• GX 550 & X13.jpg
    GX 550 & X13.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 65
Heading out for our first overlanding trip into Utah! Not until I had hooked up to the AusRV X 13 offroad trailer did I realize I had some color coordination with our new Overtrail. This trailer is heavy at 5100 lbs dry and the GX pulled it easily over mountain passes with all that torque. My 4Runner with a Magnuson supercharger and lower ratio final drive would struggle on these mountain passes.

So we love it!
Love the caravan, we get a load over here in Australia, perfect for off grid travelling if you have the solar support. 😀👍

I didn't have the stock on for very long at all but I would say it's as quiet or quieter. These end up being pretty close to 33", actually bigger than the stock OT tires. I haven't fitted a matching spare yet 😔, but I'm pretty sure it would fit if the OT tires would fit.
Is there any tyre rub underneath after fitting these or did you need to do any modifications?

Did a little flexing in the 550 Overtrail outside Estes Park, CO. Stock suspension with a little wider and more offset wheel and wider tires. Kept the stock height on the tire also. Wifes daily driver so did not push as hard as I could but the 550 took on the Undulation, Rocky Terrain and Vertical Rock Climbs like a champ. Approach angle is a little low but that just makes you look for better climbing lines.

Attachments

• IMG_1496.jpeg
    IMG_1496.jpeg
    412.7 KB · Views: 41
Did a little flexing in the 550 Overtrail outside Estes Park, CO. Stock suspension with a little wider and more offset wheel and wider tires. Kept the stock height on the tire also. Wifes daily driver so did not push as hard as I could but the 550 took on the Undulation, Rocky Terrain and Vertical Rock Climbs like a champ. Approach angle is a little low but that just makes you look for better climbing lines.
Nice! What wheel/tire setup is that?

Latest Discussions

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back