OT Roof Rack

Westcott rack low profile, no drilling, install like a tinker toy, weights about 60# , leaving out crossbar # 2 allows no view obstruction or operations problems with moon roof and NO WIND NOISE! Most of all it really looks beautiful in person.

No obstruction!

Attachments

• IMG_4468.jpeg
    IMG_4468.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 33
Not sure what you're talking about.....I removed my stock roof rails and sold them to a Land Cruiser owner to prep for the Westcott rack. Yes, there are 12 threaded holes up in the roof that accept the 12 bolts that hold down the stock roof rails (3 pairs of 2-bolts on each side of the truck roof), but all of these bolt holes are utilized by the aftermarket racks, and I'm sure the middle and rear pairs of holes are utilized by your half-rack.

They use a bit of silicone or other material around the bolts to get a good, water-tight seal when they install the bolts. My OEM stock bolts had orange goo on the threads when I removed them. I assumed it's some sort of locktite & waterproofing material.

I have a feeling there is nothing different about the installation of your Land Cruiser half rack vs. any stock roof rail or aftermarket rack, except that you are not using the four forward bolt holes. I wonder how your 4 forward bolt holes are sealed? Are they sealed?

Attachments

• mid rail2.jpg
    mid rail2.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 16
  • front rail4.jpg
    front rail4.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 11
  • front rail1.jpg
    front rail1.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 11
  • rear rail1.jpg
    rear rail1.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 13
  • rear rail3.jpg
    rear rail3.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 14
Not sure what you're talking about.....I removed my stock roof rails and sold them to a Land Cruiser owner to prep for the Westcott rack. Yes, there are 12 threaded holes up in the roof that accept the 12 bolts that hold down the stock roof rails (3 pairs of 2-bolts on each side of the truck roof), but all of these bolt holes are utilized by the aftermarket racks, and I'm sure the middle and rear pairs of holes are utilized by your half-rack.

They use a bit of silicone or other material around the bolts to get a good, water-tight seal when they install the bolts. My OEM stock bolts had orange goo on the threads when I removed them. I assumed it's some sort of locktite & waterproofing material.

I have a feeling there is nothing different about the installation of your Land Cruiser half rack vs. any stock roof rail or aftermarket rack, except that you are not using the four forward bolt holes. I wonder how your 4 forward bolt holes are sealed? Are they sealed?
For the Toyota OEM rack they use all 12 bolts to bolt them to the roof so no holes are exposed.
IMG_4522.jpeg

You are correct, sir. I didn't realize that the front pair of bolt holes were actually so far back.

But I still don't know what the silicone stuff and leaks are all about.

You are correct, sir. I didn't realize that the front pair of bolt holes were actually so far back.

But I still don't know what the silicone stuff and leaks are all about.
This is what i used( or anny brand of a similar material)
IMG_4524.jpeg
and was recommended by Westcott,Prinsu, Toyota and Victory installers to put around the screws and screw hole to bolt your racks to the roof. Its just to make the areas waterproof so water doesn’t get into the roof of the cabin!

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 6 75.0%
Back