🛠️ Member Build Overtrail Updgrades

�Member Build
It sounds funny but the only option I really wanted was a non-option, the moonroof delete. I hate sunroofs/moonroofs. They lower the interior overhead clearance, they let too much light and heat in, they leak, they break, etc. I have a 2-seater convertible for when I want to roast in the sun!

By the way, this Westcott rack makes no noticeable noise even at 90 mph. I really can't believe it. I've had roof racks on my old Jeep and 3 Rovers and even with wind fairings they all made noise.
I agree with your take on moonroofs. The problem is I haven't seen a single moonroof delete on an Overtrail here in the north Texas area. I told my saleswomen that I preferred a moonroof delete but it wasn't a requirement because I don't want to wait for an unknown time (that could be a long long time) before I get it.

Picked up the truck today from my buddy's detailing shop. Full Graphene Ceramic Coating Advanced 9-year application on everything including glass, roof rack, wheels, plastics, door jambs, etc. I'm not much for the shiny tires on trucks but they sure look pretty. If anyone is local to the Phoenix area, I'll share my buddy's info. He is an artist.

IMG_E9817.JPG

IMG_9807.JPG

I understand the roof rack comes in one size a full roof cover. Wescott says that by removing the crossbar over the sun roof you can eliminate any interference with the sun roof. What are your thoughts?

I specifically bought a GX without a sunroof. But looking at the rack, I'm sure you could just remove a cross bar or two in the vicinity of the sunroof like they said.

Attachments

• IMG_9776.JPG
    IMG_9776.JPG
    286.3 KB · Views: 206
I currently have the overtrail roof rack and I get a lot of wind noise. I think the Westcott rack is more aerodynamic. Thank you, your posts are really helpful

I currently have the overtrail roof rack and I get a lot of wind noise. I think the Westcott rack is more aerodynamic. Thank you, your posts are really helpful
I had the stock Overtrail roof rails, obviously (the rails are the two black pieces that attach directly to the roof and run front to back, one on driver's side and one on passenger side). I also had the stock cross bars which were a dealer-installed option. They made some noise - not too bad but it was noticeable on the highway. This Westcott full rack makes no noise whatsoever. I was truly amazed when I got on the highway after picking up the truck from Westcott.

I'm waiting for the parts to come in, then I will drive from Del Mar to Scottsdale for as long as it takes to get it done. Thanks again for all your great advice. I will tell them how I learned about your build and recommendation but you may want to call them and let them know your name since I cannot get it from this forum. I'm working with Carlos

I'm waiting for the parts to come in, then I will drive from Del Mar to Scottsdale for as long as it takes to get it done. Thanks again for all your great advice. I will tell them how I learned about your build and recommendation but you may want to call them and let them know your name since I cannot get it from this forum. I'm working with Carlos
Cool man! My name is Bill Gill. I was working with Jacob Rowe at Westcott. They all seem like a bunch of great guys. Their showroom is pretty cool. I dropped my GX off at about 9:30 AM on a Monday and it was ready at 3:30 PM the next day.

Post up on this thread or PM me when you're coming into town. If my schedule allows maybe I can swing by Westcott when you're in town.

Check this out:

Link to Westcott Designs Facebook page

Question on Lexus/GX550 black overlay emblems. My parts counter man at dealership says he "thinks" the chrome emblems are removed and the black emblems are applied. I'm confused by the word overlay. As in overlay on chrome emblems? Anyone know?

Question on Lexus/GX550 black overlay emblems. My parts counter man at dealership says he "thinks" the chrome emblems are removed and the black emblems are applied. I'm confused by the word overlay. As in overlay on chrome emblems? Anyone know?
i have them, they are overlay, they go on top of your silver lettering.

they feel like its worth less than $5

i have them, they are overlay, they go on top of your silver lettering.

they feel like its worth less than $5
Wow, $130. My black overlays came on the truck....and I paid $199 for them. What a ripoff. But then again, can you make them yourself for less?

I have an overtrail roof rack that I am selling, but I'm not sure if your asking me or bluegil. I'm in San Diego. I would yield to bluegil though since this is his thread.

Thank you for your consideration but I am not selling any roof racks. My truck came with the stock cross bars but I sold the cross bars and the roof rails. Now I have the Westcott rack. I never had the stock big, flat rack.

Thanks, I wasn't sure and didn't want to get in the way if you were. I do have the OT Roof Rack and rails for sale and will be replacing them with the Westcott rack thanks to you. I am coming to Scottsdale on Aug 27th to get it done and get new Rock Rails at the same time. The Rack is available immediately and the rails will not be available until the end of August I am selling the Rack for $800 if anyone is interested and I live in North County (Del Mar) San Diego. I have a You Tube video on how to remove and install and it looks quite simple. The people at Westcott are great to deal with and I told them they came recommended by you. If we can meet up while my wife and I are there it would be great. I'm still holding out on the lift, tires and wheels and would love to see your rig

I'm on the verge of ordering the Westcott collar lift. I've read that it keeps a relatively stock feel and similar geometry. Are there any drawbacks you've experienced? Also, do you know what they had to cut, reshape, or remove to make those fit? I love the look of 35s, but dont want to do anything I cant easily reverse on a $75k truck.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back