Passenger seat massage not working - Overtrail+

techsquatch

Jun 22, 2024
Media
Nor Cal
New OT+ less than 3 weeks old.
Drove about 950 miles on it so far. The passenger massage seat stopped working at about 750 miles in.

Took it into the dealer here in NorCal but no luck. Dealer says they've opened a request with Lexus to try to figure out whats happening.
I saw some posts say that this might be an easy fix. Trying to see if I should try to fix it myself or if I should wait for the dealer to get back to me.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

No issue yet at 400 miles and we have used it a few times. Would like to hear what the remedy ends up being. If there are connections under the seat, it may be worth moving them around and making sure a wire didn't get pinched or perhaps a loose connection. Otherwise should a dealer sort out. Does the seat still move with the other selections on the side of it?

My OT+ is at the dealer today with the same issue. Passenger side stopped working at 1,200 miles.
Drivers side works. All other functions of the passenger side work except the message.

We are having the same issue in my wife's Luxury trim 550. Looked at all the plugs under the seat (there's about 10 of them) and everything looked firmly seated in their respective locations. If anyone knows which plug is the culprit and can grab a picture, post it up, please.

Super easy repair - I didn't want to wait for the dealer.... if you want to tackle it on your own, takes 5 mins max. You just need to remove the plastic seat backing.

1) reach under and unhook the elastic hooks and flip the flap up
2) remove 2 screws that are now exposed
3) slide plastic seat backing down
4) reconnect lines that have come disconnected - I zip tied mine to secure them better
IMG_8910.jpg

Drove about 950 miles on it so far. The passenger massage seat stopped working at about 750 miles in.

Took it into the dealer here in NorCal but no luck. Dealer says they've opened a request with Lexus to try to figure out whats happening.
I saw some posts say that this might be an easy fix. Trying to see if I should try to fix it myself or if I should wait for the dealer to get back to me.

I have the same issue on my luxury plus, happened at less than 100 miles

Super easy repair - I didn't want to wait for the dealer.... if you want to tackle it on your own, takes 5 mins max. You just need to remove the plastic seat backing.

4) reconnect lines that have come disconnected - I zip tied mine to secure them betterView attachment 2150

My dealer seems to be still waiting on the TAS update from Lexus :-(
I'm going to wait another day and if I don't hear back from them, I'm going to go ahead and try this fix myself. Seems easy enough.

I had the same issue at 350 miles on my OT+. Dealer fixed while I waited in service lane. New arrivals from Japan have apparently been stopped in the port to repair before transports complete.

So, after waiting for a week for an update from the dealer regarding the TAS they've sent out to Lexus and not hearing anything, I decided to try to fix the issue myself.
I opened up the seat back and noticed that the hose was still attached (the clear one at the bottom) but was slipping out. I tried to push it back on but it looked like the hose was tight and I was concerned about ripping it out, so just tried the best I could and closed it up.
The massaging now works but it's not as intense as the one of the driver side.
I guess I'm just going to wait for the dealer at this point

We had this fixed today at the Lexus dealer and I just wander if it will happen again. What do they do to stop the air tube from coming off again?

My passenger side on the OT+ just went out at 900miles. Seems to work a little, I can feel something but not close to how it was. Will see about fixing it.

4) reconnect lines that have come disconnected - I zip tied mine to secure them betterView attachment 2150
Ty bringing mine in tomorrow to dealer for this issue 2500 miles OT+

I had this issue! Brought it in and they said the hydraulic pump had disconnected. They fixed it pretty fast. I’ve seen people with the same problem, so it’s a thing.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 9 64.3%
Back