Prepaid Maintenance

Simply telling you per the conversation that I had with my salesperson, it is 10% less based upon today's pricing. I spoke with the extended warranty guy on this site, who can't offer it because he is toyota, and that is a lexus thing, but he said, the only place that it makes sense is in highly metropolitan areas, like New York City with astronomical labor rates. I would really double check your calculations with the service department to make sure, you may be correct, but at least in Maine that is what it is.

Understood. I was told by the dealer that the services through 75k miles would add up to over $9k at today's pricing. They showed me a draft service schedule with pricing and I quickly added up the totals to over $9k. Then I put together my own table with intervals and approximate pricing based on conversations with 2 service managers at 2 local dealers and I came up to $9k. Either way, I am covered.

Oh, and I actually bought my extended warranty through Midwest Toyota in Kansas.

LOL, it would appear that different dealers tell different customers different things!

Understood. I was told by the dealer that the services through 75k miles would add up to over $9k at today's pricing. They showed me a draft service schedule with pricing and I quickly added up the totals to over $9k. Then I put together my own table with intervals and approximate pricing based on conversations with 2 service managers at 2 local dealers and I came up to $9k. Either way, I am covered.

Oh, and I actually bought my extended warranty through Midwest Toyota in Kansas.

LOL, it would appear that different dealers tell different customers different things!
He can offer extended warranties, just not the prepaid service contracts.

Just received this from my dealer as my GX is sitting in the port.... I'm considering the prepaid maintenance since I do about 20k-30k of driving per year. I'm trading a 21 4Runner with 98K on it.... What are everyone's thoughts on the other plans (simoniz, wheel protection etc)...

The pricing is based on terms. I would recommend this if you are planning on keep the vehicle longer than 4 years. Your basic warranty is 48 months, 50K miles. This starts the day you purchase the car and will also fill in some of the gaps of the basic warranty (like tech issues.) Pricing is based on how long but the max for the coverage is 120month, 150K . What is nice about the plan is it also covers roadside assistance, rental car and lodging if you are traveling and if you get your repairs here at the dealership there is no out of pocket deductible. I sent you a link that you can see the pricing and the terms on. There is a way to finance this as well at 0% interest which is explained below.

https://www.cnanational.com/brochure-vsc-9226

This is the multishield. 60 month coverage for $1809. It has the tire and wheel coverage in it (which is $1334 for 60 months just for that coverage) - this is the biggest coverage in the plan and worth it since a rim replacement with a tire is about $1800. If you have a blow out or damage your rim - they will replace both at no charge - unlimited claims for the 5 years. That also includes curb rash if someone scrapes your wheels. It keeps your investment looking new.
https://production-prodigy-cdn-782149192491-us-east-1.s3.amazonaws.com/brochures/lexus-lehigh-valley/CFTDWK+Legal+Laminate.pdf

This one is Simoniz. Good for the lifetime of the vehicle. $996 is the cost. If you can't get it clean and we can't simoniz will replace or repair the part for as long as you own the car. If you purchase a protection plan (the VSA) and multishield you get this one complimentary on us. It is an application that can be done and is great if you have pets or children (or just messy friends).

https://prodigy-cdn.s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/brochures/lexus-lehigh-valley/Simoniz.BenefitSheet.pdf

We do offer a way to purchase these plans without adding it to your loan - it is an internal payment plan with the dealership. You out 10% down and then break up the payments over the course of half the term on a debit or credit card on file. There is 0% interest on the payment plans.

Latest Discussions

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 9 69.2%
Back