Recommendations of purchasing 24 White GX550 Luxury Plus!!! 🤪🙏

JSMITH2024

Jun 19, 2024
Fort Worth
I’m looking for recommendations to purchasing a GX 550 Luxury Plus in White. I’m already on waitlists in the DFW AREA—waitlists are more than 600!!! Some out of states will not sell me one! 😫 Thank you in advance!! 🩵

I’m looking for recommendations to purchasing a GX 550 Luxury Plus in White. I’m already on waitlists in the DFW AREA—waitlists are more than 600!!! Some out of states will not sell me one! 😫 Thank you in advance!! 🩵
I'm on a waitlist at Sewell Dallas. My saleswomen said the current estimated wait time is 9 - 12 months but one could become available earlier (my guesstimate was closer to 6 months) if the dealer gets some vehicles in at the end of the month, the person to whom it was originally assigned backs out, and you're willing to come in that day and buy the vehicle. Dealers try to get rid of the cars they have at the end of the month because, apparently, their future allocations are based on monthly sales and it also relates to making numbers for the month.

I'm not sure how much this helps.

I'm on a waitlist at Sewell Dallas. My saleswomen said the current estimated wait time is 9 - 12 months but one could become available earlier (my guesstimate was closer to 6 months) if the dealer gets some vehicles in at the end of the month, the person to whom it was originally assigned backs out, and you're willing to come in that day and buy the vehicle. Dealers try to get rid of the cars they have at the end of the month because, apparently, their future allocations are based on monthly sales and it also relates to making numbers for the month.

I'm not sure how much this helps.
Thank you! I’m working with a saleswoman there as well! Small world! I could purchase in a day!! I had a dealer up Nortn—Darcars Lexus, I was so excited to get the call! They called me back and wanted $6k over cost! 🙄🤬 I emailed the GM, no help, absolutely unprofessional! White/Tan luxury plus!!💔

Reactions: JPE
Thank you! I’m working with a saleswoman there as well! Small world! I could purchase in a day!! I had a dealer up Nortn—Darcars Lexus, I was so excited to get the call! They called me back and wanted $6k over cost! 🙄🤬 I emailed the GM, no help, absolutely unprofessional! White/Tan luxury plus!!💔
Yeah, I wouldn’t pay over MSRP either. Better to to wait than deal with that kind of dealer.

Also, looks like Sewell Dallas has 175 GXs in transit. At least according to their website. I don’t know how often they get allocations, but that 600+ waitlist should be shrinking quickly. And I have to imagine a lot of those folks on the waitlist are on multiple waitlists so maybe it’s going to be closer to 6 months wait.

We were on the list at our dealership here in Oklahoma. I am not sure what number. If you are willing to open your options on color, you will probably get one a lot quicker. Originally, we were down for a Premium + Nori Green, Saddle interior, and captain's chairs. We opened up our options and ended up turning a couple down because they had a rear bench seat. We ended up getting an Atomic Silver Luxury + within a week or so of opening up our options. We paid sticker price plus a couple maintenance packages we have had on all of our past GXs.

Also, all of the color options are so much cooler in person.

Reactions: JPE
We were on the list at our dealership here in Oklahoma. I am not sure what number. If you are willing to open your options on color, you will probably get one a lot quicker. Originally, we were down for a Premium + Nori Green, Saddle interior, and captain's chairs. We opened up our options and ended up turning a couple down because they had a rear bench seat. We ended up getting an Atomic Silver Luxury + within a week or so of opening up our options. We paid sticker price plus a couple maintenance packages we have had on all of our past GXs.

Also, all of the color options are so much cooler in person.
Yeah, I told my saleswoman that I'd take either Eminent White or Atomic Silver. I prefer the White, but the Atomic Silver demo they had looked great too.

Have you test drove one yet? We didn’t and I wish we did. A lot has changed and not for the better IMO. The quality has gone down with interior and all plastic. The Mark Levinson lacks bass and quality. It’s a very light weight vehicle compared to the old GX which I still have. So, I was disappointed and I’ll probably trade my 2014 for a BMW

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 9 64.3%
Back