Rock rails from Land Cruiser first edition do not fit on my gx550 premium😵🤬

Nebula'Nomad

Jul 7, 2024
Media
Orlando
Hello everyone, I'm located in Orlando Florida and I've met up with another Forum member from the Land Cruiser forum, we met up yesterday and swapped out my roof rails and crossbars for his first edition Land Cruiser roof rack. Everything went smoothly with the roof rocks. Next we were swapping my OEM running boards for his Land Cruiser first edition Rock Rails. My running boards fit perfectly on his Land Cruiser but his OEM Rock Rails did not fit on my Lexus GX 550 premium😵 the corresponding holes on the frame of my truck are there but they are not threaded so the 14 mm bolts used to attach the rock rails to the frame simply pop in the hole. The holes seem to be oversized versus what's needed to attach the rock rails to the frame of my Lexus. Has anyone else encountered this issue or is my truck a one-off defect from the factory? I've gone on Toyota's website as well as Lexus website and the part numbers for the driver and passenger side rock rails are identical. Am I missing something? Or does my Lexus require special Hardware?

Back