Running Board/

excited4downvotes

Sep 14, 2024
Green Bay, WI
Picked up a Premium+ a few weeks ago and absolutely love it! It's a huge upgrade from my 2014 Camry. It'll stick to the pavement for now until I get more comfortable with off-roading.

Quick question: does anyone know how to check if all trims come pre-wired for powered running boards?

I currently have the standard running boards, which I’m not a big fan of, but I need them for my son. I’m thinking of upgrading to powered running boards—anyone have experience with that?

Also, how are rock rails as steps?

Picked up a Premium+ a few weeks ago and absolutely love it! It's a huge upgrade from my 2014 Camry. It'll stick to the pavement for now until I get more comfortable with off-roading.

Quick question: does anyone know how to check if all trims come pre-wired for powered running boards?

I currently have the standard running boards, which I’m not a big fan of, but I need them for my son. I’m thinking of upgrading to powered running boards—anyone have experience with that?

Rock rails might work for kids and agile adults. Probably pulling my rails off and predator steps on like i had on my 4runner before my wife falls

I
Rock rails might work for kids and agile adults. Probably pulling my rails off and predator steps on like i had on my 4runner before my

The top rail is very close to the frame. Not enough room for a step. An after market brand may be better. I got the standard rail with Overtrail and I’m happy with it

Thanks everyone for their feedback - if anyone is interested in having running boards and wanting to trade for their rock rails, please reach out!

I am located in WI

Thanks everyone for their feedback - if anyone is interested in having running boards and wanting to trade for their rock rails, please reach out!

I am located in WI
I may be interested depending on whether my dealership will port delete in the event my vehicle will come with rock rails. I don’t plan on taking mine off-road. I saw an OT+ earmarked for a waitlisted buyer recently. It was decked out with roof rack and rock rails. The rock rails don’t extend out far enough for non off-road use.

I may be interested depending on whether my dealership will port delete in the event my vehicle will come with rock rails. I don’t plan on taking mine off-road. I saw an OT+ earmarked for a waitlisted buyer recently. It was decked out with roof rack and rock rails. The rock rails don’t extend out far enough for non off-road use.

I don’t plan on going off roading much either - maybe just on dirt / gravel roads, nothing crazy. I am not a fan of the look and realize that we don’t really use them but would still like some protection.

That’s interesting that you saw that they don’t extend out enough…you’d think rock rails would be just that…I’ll have to check them out before trading / swapping them out

Good luck on your delivery- hope it comes early!

I don’t plan on going off roading much either - maybe just on dirt / gravel roads, nothing crazy. I am not a fan of the look and realize that we don’t really use them but would still like some protection.

That’s interesting that you saw that they don’t extend out enough…you’d think rock rails would be just that…I’ll have to check them out before trading / swapping them out

Good luck on your delivery- hope it comes early!
Yes I would definitely check them out first. When the doors are closed, you cannot place your forefoot on them.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back