Slight buzz felt through the throttle pedal at 1500-1750 rpm

raywai2

May 2, 2024
Media
IL
Hi all, I took delivery of my premium+ a few days ago and now I am starting to notice a very slight buzz felt through the throttle pedal around 1500-1750 rpms in low gear. It's kind of odd to feel that since the throttle is drive-by-wire. It's ever so slightly and most noticeable moving moderately from a stop. I don't know if I am just being sensitive or it's typical truck NVH or a quirk of this 3.4L V6, but certainly it's less refined than my NX and BMW at that rpm range. Does your GX feel buttery smooth across all rpms? Thanks in advance.

I feel the same thing in my premium plus. noticed it since day one. I'm also not sure if it is because it is a truck, curious if others have the same experience.

I think what you are feeling is likely due to a slow and somewhat uncertain transmission gear shift. This happened in mine early on when I was driving it very gently for break in, seems like maybe 3rd to 4th or 4th to 5th. You mentioned rpms, so you could test this by shifting it manually and see if it happens while in any gear at those rpms, or does it only happen when it shifts. I'm at about 3,400 miles now and mine doesn't do that anymore, either because it has learned better shifting manners or I'm more confident in driving it now and I don't give it a much reason to hesitate on shifts.

I think what you are feeling is likely due to a slow and somewhat uncertain transmission gear shift. This happened in mine early on when I was driving it very gently for break in, seems like maybe 3rd to 4th or 4th to 5th. You mentioned rpms, so you could test this by shifting it manually and see if it happens while in any gear at those rpms, or does it only happen when it shifts. I'm at about 3,400 miles now and mine doesn't do that anymore, either because it has learned better shifting manners or I'm more confident in driving it now and I don't give it a much reason to hesitate on shifts.
I did test it with manual shift. It happens while holding 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 1,500-1,750 rpms. Haven’t tested the higher gears.

I did test it with manual shift. It happens while holding 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 1,500-1,750 rpms. Haven’t tested the higher gears.
OK, that's not the same thing I was thinking then. What I felt was a slight shuddering when it would perform a low pressure shift, in that same rpm range. I hope you get it figured out.

Our OT+ with 800 miles on it does something like this. It's intermittent and only after engine is really warm, like after highway driving for hour or two. Exit to get gas, turning right and at 1100 rpm I get an exhaust rattle/buzz/resonance and I can hold that rpm for a moment where rear passengers can really hear it. I've reproduced in comfort, normal and sport. Nothing loose on the exhaust that I can see. Anyone else have this or notice it?

Our OT+ with 800 miles on it does something like this. It's intermittent and only after engine is really warm, like after highway driving for hour or two. Exit to get gas, turning right and at 1100 rpm I get an exhaust rattle/buzz/resonance and I can hold that rpm for a moment where rear passengers can really hear it. I've reproduced in comfort, normal and sport. Nothing loose on the exhaust that I can see. Anyone else have this or notice it?
I did notice this, but seeing this message reminds me that I have not in a while. Maybe I'm used to it? I've got almost 2000 on the clock now. I thought it was a heat shield that's a little too close to something or a little loose, probably the former. I'll see if I can reproduce it in the morning.

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 9 69.2%
Back