Squealing Brakes 550 Overtrail

No fix but sounds like TSB incoming
IMG_3042.jpeg

Mine are now squeaking loudly on reverse out of the carport driveway (400miles~) in the mornings when it's 90%+ humidity. I haven't heard it as much or none when I reverse in the afternoons. Texted my sales guy and he said it's a known issue they are working on and that Lexus will reach out when they have a solution. Let's see if I hear from them!

I had the IS before this car and I heard squeaking sometimes but usually when it was time to change the break pads but it was NEVER as loud as this GX.

No fix but sounds like TSB incoming
View attachment 3590

Same experience here and I'm waiting for them to call back. I checked again today and was told it should be soon but no timeline. For the vibration, the road force balancing worked for about 200 miles and then the vibration is back, not as bad but it is gradually getting worse. I'm hoping the new brake parts will help with the vibration too.

Mine are squawking loudly now at about 1000 miles. Just a couple times before that but now every time I pull out of the garage jn the am. Going to the shop in a week or so.

I live in MN and it has been dry for a month. The breaks squeal daily when backing out of the garage. The squeal harmonizes nicely with the screeching eagle noise it makes when the parking brake engages. Looking forward to hearing from those of you who are farther into this problem than me. I thought it would work itself out but looks like many of you have issue after 2,000 miles.

Mine has same issues...horrible squealing in the front that I fear is alarming the neighbors. I figured out if you just let off the great and let the car reach somewhat of a full idle reverse speed, then hit the breaks hard, it will just queal a little and then kinda done after that....my wife is good at holding her foot on the break half depressed the entire time she backs up and it squeals the whole way down the 100 foot driveway (detached garage at bakk of lot). Trying to teach her how to do it correctly, but anyways, wanted to share my hack in case it helps some of you while we all wait for a fix.

I just got an update from the dealer, I will have the truck pick up tomorrow
See below

Hi Armin, great news! All parts are in for the brakes- arrived today. I am hoping to have the work completed today by end of day. I will touch base with you later this afternoon

Assistant Service Manager

Direct Line 414-540-9268

My dealer called me this morning and said my brakes are fixed and they installed "a new part" from Lexus. I will pick up my GX 550 Overtrail after 10 days at the dealer and see if the problem with the brakes is fixed. A few days ago the dealer loaned me a 2023 GX 460. My wife who drives a Mercedes GL 450 and a Rivian R1S drove the GX 460 and thought it lacked power and floated too much. I agree with her. I prefer my 2022 4Runner to the GX 460. I would personally not own one.
Good morning, after the repair the issue went away, I m curios because mine will be ready tomorrow.
Looking forward to have my truck back
A

I just got an update from the dealer, I will have the truck pick up tomorrow
See below

Hi Armin, great news! All parts are in for the brakes- arrived today. I am hoping to have the work completed today by end of day. I will touch base with you later this afternoon

Assistant Service Manager

Direct Line 414-540-9268

Good luck! Keep us posted.

All
I just pick up the truck and had a conversation with the mechanic, he showed me the tab do tundras and all the parts that they changed, he mentioned that they had the parts order canceled by Lexus due to tundras and sequoias are getting priority.
Since they own a Toyota dealer, they work around and get the parts from their Toyota dealer.
Truck tested and no issues, is being raining all day and no a single problem/noise.
So far I’m pleased, I drove 60 miles and no problems.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 76
Curious what the “fix” was. I have ~500 miles on my LUX+ and experienced it for the first time today (after 2 months of ownership). It was a high pitched squeal only when backing up. It did rain last night so that could have contributed a little to this. That said I’ll keep an eye(ear) on it to see how it progresses.

So just to close the loop. When I tried to drive out again 30 minutes later after parking the car the squealing went away. Almost like it was some layer of rust or debris that needed to be burned off from using the brakes the first time.

Confirmed today my brakes are not in fact the updated version (no gold dot). Hoping my local dealer comes through, otherwise will have to wait for the TSB

Confirmed today my brakes are not in fact the updated version (no gold dot). Hoping my local dealer comes through, otherwise will have to wait for the TSB

I’m still waiting on my dealer as well. Is the road force balancing fix still effective with the vibration? Mine was good for a few days but it has come back to some extent.

Latest Discussions

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back