Test drive findings

hanrahansessions

Sep 24, 2024
Media
Miami
Hi everyone, I test drove a white premium GX today and sat in a bunch of different level trims to compare everything.

I first wanted to take a look at the air-conditioning. I am 6 foot three and noticed that the air conditioning could blow on my face and was quite great.

I then wanted to inspect the armrest on the driver side for comfort. For a short period of time at first it seemed wonderful, but as the test drive went on, it was slightly uncomfortable. I’m not sure if I would’ve noticed this without reading about it in this forum.

Next step I wanted to check out the third row space. As a tall guy, I found that I was easily able to sit back there with my legs, not touching the second row in front of me. It definitely has more space than a forerunner.

Next step I wanted to compare the captains chairs versus the bench. I really liked the captains chairs found them to be very comfortable liked the armrests and like that I could easily slide through between the captains chairs to access the third row. I think this is excellent for having kids and friends and carpools.

Next step I wanted to take a look at the interior colors. In many of the pictures online, the dapple gray interior look too gray or two contrast to me. But I actually got into one with a dapple gray interior and could barely tell it was the gray. It looks like a slightly washed out black to me and I really liked it.

Next step I wanted to take a look at the premium plus wheels to see how they looked visually compared to the other trims. The premium plus wheels with a little bit of silver and the running board with a little bit of silver looked amazing on an atomic silver premium plus.

Every color on the roof of the parking lot at the Lexus looked very good to me except I personally happen to not like the blue and I didn’t like the black when it was dirty

Overall, I will keep my deposit on a current premium plus caviar black with that gray interior and the captains chairs.

Last but at least I took the test drive up to 75 mph and noticed zero issues with the hood. This was on the premium base model which had been on the lot since the spring time and had about 2000 miles on it.

PS I also found that the base sound system was awesome as a hobby DJ myself. I really liked it and found it perfectly satisfying.

The dealer let me hand, select all the colors and options from incoming builds that they are getting and mine is currently on the ship from Japan with an approximate final delivery date to Customer around October 21 or so.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Attachments

• IMG_0171.jpeg
    IMG_0171.jpeg
    377.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0172.jpeg
    IMG_0172.jpeg
    427 KB · Views: 56

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months