The 2025 Lexus LX Gets More Power, Thanks to the Tundra's Hybrid Engine

Nice engine - maybe it will come to future GX's. I think at this power range, I would be willing to sacrifice a little space.

I find Toyota's hybrid strategy for trucks, which biases towards performance rather than fuel savings, interesting. Before I narrowed down on the GX, we were looking at the Tundra, and the hybrid just didn't make sense to me, given how capable the standard powertrain is for modest fuel savings. I must be in the minority, wanting a few more MPGs versus more torque.

I like that they added the alternator back up and continued to focus on reliability. The LX, with the hybrid power train and OT trim with three rows, now seems to be a compelling, differentiated offering compared to the GX.

Is anyone now considering an LX OT over the GX OT?

I find Toyota's hybrid strategy for trucks, which biases towards performance rather than fuel savings, interesting. Before I narrowed down on the GX, we were looking at the Tundra, and the hybrid just didn't make sense to me, given how capable the standard powertrain is for modest fuel savings. I must be in the minority, wanting a few more MPGs versus more torque.

I like that they added the alternator back up and continued to focus on reliability. The LX, with the hybrid power train and OT trim with three rows, now seems to be a compelling, differentiated offering compared to the GX.

I feel the same way. The GX has all the power it needs and would have been way better to bias the V6 hybrid towards increasing range and mpg. Another huge missed opportunity IMO.

Super-power, hybrid, 1 mpg improvement (20 mpg?....yeah right) front & rear lockers, offroad tires, on a giant SUV limousine.

A new shelf system is used in the cargo area to allow for “flat” storage. The battery itself can be found under the luggage compartment on the two-row, or under the third-row seat if you opt for a three-row LX.

LOL....this thing is going to be ridiculous.

The GX is still rated to be able to tow more than the LX...

Are these dimensions correct?
1728676061305.png

NOPE. Do not like the design of the LX. Chrome grill is gaudy. Doesn’t look rugged at all. Besides it’s too big. GX OT+ for me will be perfect.

Back