Easiest, cheapest way to turn Luxury+ wheel rims grey ?

luxpow

Aug 12, 2024
Media
Santa Clara, CA
What would be the least intrusive way to de-uglify the default 22" wheels on the Luxury plus ?
Dont want to replace the wheels altogether, just want to color them grey if possible ?

Are there slap on rim covers etc. or some kind of paint that survives car washes for a couple of years ?

What would be the least intrusive way to de-uglify the default 22" wheels on the Luxury plus ?
Dont want to replace the wheels altogether, just want to color them grey if possible ?

Are there slap on rim covers etc. or some kind of paint that survives car washes for a couple of years ?
Find a local wheel re-finishing shop. They will strip and powder coat them often with 24 hour turnaround. Powder Coating is the only way to go if you want them to last. Small town I live in has one that does a set of 4 wheels for $350. Includes dismount teardown and re-balance & mounting.

Here’s the site for reference:

If you want the easiest and least expensive way consider:

I have used this exact product to turn the wheel rims on my previous Bronco from silver to black. There are many color options. It takes about 4 hours for you to do this. There are many articles about how to do it correctly. I left the wheels on while minimally applying 6 coats over the 4 hours. Held up perfectly for a year in Miami and then I sold the Bronco. I washed the car myself. I used black but you could use one of the many greys they offer. Don’t spray your car on accident. Cover inside brake pad etc with newspaper.

If you get a scratch or rock chip just re-spray. Not sure how it holds up to machine car washes.

Total cost $90 for a 6 pack.

Since this is a Lexus many will say better to powder coat with professional.
IMG_1294.jpeg
IMG_1295.jpeg

Last edited:
Back