Tracking Delivery Date Movements

GXinLA

May 24, 2024
Media
New Orleans
I have my allocation coming in later this month and over the weekend the dealer gave me a 1 month window: 7/5-8/5. Instead of bugging my dealer frequently for updates and since my dealer removes the allocated units from their inventory, I decided to track some data from a dealer in the region that keeps their inventory on Lexus.com. To give me the best comparison to how my vehicle delivery date could be changing, I chose a dealer within the GST distribution area, similar VIN numbers indicating similar build dates, and GXs that had window stickers created the same day as mine (and therefore likely made it to Long Beach on the same day, 6/23).

I like data, so I’ll keep this updated for those that have curiosity on the movement timelines once stateside.

The Y axis is the July date. 1.5 = afternoon of July 1st.

image001.png

There is a member on the Tundra forum who will give you screenshots quickly of your GX. I pinged him until mine hit the dealer. His user name is Billybob.

I have my allocation coming in later this month and over the weekend the dealer gave me a 1 month window: 7/5-8/5. Instead of bugging my dealer frequently for updates and since my dealer removes the allocated units from their inventory, I decided to track some data from a dealer in the region that keeps their inventory on Lexus.com. To give me the best comparison to how my vehicle delivery date could be changing, I chose a dealer within the GST distribution area, similar VIN numbers indicating similar build dates, and GXs that had window stickers created the same day as mine (and therefore likely made it to Long Beach on the same day, 6/23).

I like data, so I’ll keep this updated for those that have curiosity on the movement timelines once stateside.

The Y axis is the July date. 1.5 = afternoon of July 1st.

View attachment 1670
How do you access that information?

Not that I’ve seen. Only luck is if the dealer leaves allocated inventory on Lexus.com or on the dealer’s site. In my case, my dealer removes from Lexus.com and only shows on their own site. Just in the last week, they added the estimated delivery dates.

My car arrived at the dealer today. I need to update the above, but 4/5 that I’m tracking in this thread had deliveries move up to this week.

It seems that those produced in late May (vins in the 10,000s) are arriving at dealers in the SE.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comfort

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)