Undercoating for winter climates

German88

May 8, 2024
Media
Spokane WA
Have a feeling we’re in for a biblical winter. Toyota not being known for great rust protection I decided to stack the deck.
IMG_8972.jpeg
IMG_8975.jpeg

Have a feeling we’re in for a biblical winter. Toyota not being known for great rust protection I decided to stack the deck.
View attachment 4660View attachment 4661
Cool, how'd you choose that product instead of say Fluid Film, Wool Wax or something else? I don't think I've seen ACF-50 before.

PS -- cause I couldn't find anyone who'd apply anything else I ended up doing Krown on my 4Runner. Was a very mild winter with not much exposure to road salt, but in any case the underside still looks good a year later. Want to get a second treatment but the nearest location is like 90 min from me and they're pretty booked up too...

Cool, how'd you choose that product instead of say Fluid Film, Wool Wax or something else? I don't think I've seen ACF-50 before.

PS -- cause I couldn't find anyone who'd apply anything else I ended up doing Krown on my 4Runner. Was a very mild winter with not much exposure to road salt, but in any case the underside still looks good a year later. Want to get a second treatment but the nearest location is like 90 min from me and they're pretty booked up too...
Pilot friend recommended who’s had experience with it on aircraft. It’s also popular on a RAM truck forum I’m on. Goes on easy and lasts 2-3 seasons. Won’t harm electrical connections etc. and acts as a lubricant.

I am fanatical about using a sun-shade year round. That and quality tint on the front windows really helps keep the interior slightly below hell temperatures. I'm also going to try those side window deflector/shades when I find a set that looks acceptable. Keeping your windows open a half-inch so the interior can breathe a bit makes a HUGE difference.

I am fanatical about using a sun-shade year round. That and quality tint on the front windows really helps keep the interior slightly below hell temperatures. I'm also going to try those side window deflector/shades when I find a set that looks acceptable. Keeping your windows open a half-inch so the interior can breathe a bit makes a HUGE difference.
Growing up in Glendale I feel your pain. On the plus side you can get away with washing your car once every couple months! Only thing I miss about Phx. Is the Mexican food and the smell of creosote bush after a good rain👍

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 19 63.3%
Back