Walk-away Auto Lock?

Caiya

Jun 20, 2024
Media
San Jose
I think GX550 does have a walk-away auto lock feature but we need to let the dealer to change the settings. I saw it in the GX550 owners manual, could anyone confirm that?

Attachments

• IMG_0003.png
    IMG_0003.png
    172.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0004.png
    IMG_0004.png
    254.7 KB · Views: 52
I think GX550 does have a walk-away auto lock feature but we need to let the dealer to change the settings. I saw it in the GX550 owners manual, could anyone confirm that?
As far as I have been able to figure, that is for the power tailgate. There is a "close" button and a "close & lock" button.

All I found was the rear door walk away lock feature (second button). But if dealer can make it work like my Honda walk away lock did I’d love that.

Hey @Caiya. I saw that too. I want this feature enabled on my vehicle. I contacted my dealership, and was told a service tech has to do it. When I called the dealer's service center they told me the technology team on the sales side has to do it.
So I am getting the run around now.
I am thinking about looking into those aftermarket products that let you plug into the OBD port and start making changes.

Hey @Caiya. I saw that too. I want this feature enabled on my vehicle. I contacted my dealership, and was told a service tech has to do it. When I called the dealer's service center they told me the technology team on the sales side has to do it.
I am thinking about looking into those aftermarket products that let you plug into the OBD port and start making changes.
Nopantz is correct. It is only for the tailgate. I purchased an OBD tool and there is no option for walk away locking available there either. :/ I did find the tail gate setting that however...

Do people really walk away from their car without locking it?
Tesla has this feature and it’s awesome. Just beeps to let you know it’s locked. Mirrors fold in too. More manufacturers can figure this out with the app just like Tesla has. The seats also auto adjust to your profile if you get in drivers seat. The ability to do this is proven and works wells.

Nopantz is correct. It is only for the tailgate. I purchased an OBD tool and there is no option for walk away locking available there either. :/ I did find the tail gate setting that however...
So what does that function actually do then? If you close the back hatch without locking the car, will it lock once you are far enough away that it no longer detects the key?

I’d not change anything that you don’t know with 100% certainty of exactly what you’re doing. I wouldn’t give the manufacturer any reason to void your warranty

I’ve searched it up too, unfortunately no auto lock when you walk away at the moment .. what I found useful is the remote lock and status with the Lexus app, and unless you are in a very remote area or underground parking lot , you can check status and lock remotely if you forgot .. unfortunately we have to pay for the subscription after 3 years..

Latest Discussions

GX550 Poll

• 2 weeks

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • 1 - 2 months

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 3 - 5 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 5 months

Votes: 9 69.2%
Back