What I can’t stand about my GX - Part Deux

I've put on 150 miles on my lux + and currently averaging 11.5mpg.. I've only been on the interstate once to drive it home so a lot of stop and go. I've been playing around with the driving modes.

I'm driving from ATL to Charleston tomorrow night so planning on resetting the mileage to see what I get. What mode is everyone driving on? I probably will stick to normal but do enjoy the sport modes (although I know not on all trims)

So far my biggest issue is with storage up front. Far too few cubbies. And with cool box no center console - where do you put stuff that normally goes in there? We put it in the cool box.

No eyeglass holder?!?

Poor glovebox, things keep falling out of it when we open it.

Too hard to get to the massage feature.

I was hoping the Climate and More (or whatever it is called) center tabs on touch screen were configurable but I can't see that they are and the things they chose to put on them are useless. Really, how often do you change what view you have on your heads up display!
My 4Runners eyeglasses holder is so small is doesn't hold anything anyways. I'm really looking forward to the massage feature

So far my biggest issue is with storage up front. Far too few cubbies. And with cool box no center console - where do you put stuff that normally goes in there? We put it in the cool box.

No eyeglass holder?!?

Poor glovebox, things keep falling out of it when we open it.

Too hard to get to the massage feature.

I was hoping the Climate and More (or whatever it is called) center tabs on touch screen were configurable but I can't see that they are and the things they chose to put on them are useless. Really, how often do you change what view you have on your heads up display!
Yes! Just posted a thread with a question on this. I ordered some visor clips for sunglasses but really not sure what I'm going to do with all the random stuff I normally keep in my car. It's not a lot but really limited on compartment space

Our three 4Runners (2021, 2020 and 2020) let you lock in 2wd, 4high or 4low.
Most won’t let you because they are afraid you will run it with the lockers on on pavement and break things going to fast and turning. Plus not sure why you would want them locked in 2 wheel drive?

Most won’t let you because they are afraid you will run it with the lockers on on pavement and break things going to fast and turning. Plus not sure why you would want them locked in 2 wheel drive?
Here’s a couple times—Pulling away from a stoplight on an icy Minnesota road…….pulling empty boat trailer out of the lake

Sure, I could use 4wd……but in those instances the locker button seems more handy.

I've put on 150 miles on my lux + and currently averaging 11.5mpg.. I've only been on the interstate once to drive it home so a lot of stop and go. I've been playing around with the driving modes.

I'm driving from ATL to Charleston tomorrow night so planning on resetting the mileage to see what I get. What mode is everyone driving on? I probably will stick to normal but do enjoy the sport modes (although I know not on all trims)

Attachments

• IMG_2732.jpeg
    IMG_2732.jpeg
    506.8 KB · Views: 49
It really is a bummer that polarized sunglasses do work with heads up display! I hope I’m not the only one who didn’t know this! my couple of pair of suns are prescription so it sucks. Looking into window tint.

It really is a bummer that polarized sunglasses do work with heads up display! I hope I’m not the only one who didn’t know this! my couple of pair of suns are prescription so it sucks. Looking into window tint.
Did you max out the brightness? It helped with my not as dark polarized glasses I keep in the car. Now I don't know where I will keep them.

Did you max out the brightness? It helped with my not as dark polarized glasses I keep in the car. Now I don't know where I will keep them.
Seconding this. I was prepared going in that I might only benefit from the HUD at night since I am not willing to give up my polarized Smith shades, but I have found having the brightness on the HUD turned up all the way, I can see well enough that is useful and not annoying either. Was pleasantly surprised because its a feature I was looking forward to.

1) You know what. I REALLY hate the "engine start" button staring me in the face. Who dreamed up that location? It would have been cleaner dash if they put it down below where they always have been.

2) I'm hearing complaints of poor range on the car. What's the average everyone is getting?

3) Too many plastic parts breaking?
Just got my Overtrail+. LOVE IT.
I’ve figured out how to turn off most unnecessary warnings, but every time I pull thru a drive thru - all the parking sensors start beeping. I know I’m close to the wall, I’m sitting there. Can I silence these easily?

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)