35s Fit! KO3 285/75 R18

JorgeR

Jul 23, 2024
Media
Nipomo CA
I test fit some 35s, 34.82 inch tires to be exact, and they fit. As per Westcot Design video it does contact the crash bars on the inboard aft of the wheel well but can easily be removed. This fit was without a lift. Only one of the tires came in so they weren't installed. The picture is of the test fit on the left front.
I also tried the underside spare. It did not initially fit. You can push the front onto the brackets that keep it from the panhard first and it then contacts against the trailer harness bracket and the recovery hook on the right side. They are both removable. I think it may fit if those are removed and installed once cleared and at low pressure. I'll update that status once I have the tires.
All this is on the original wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_8456.jpeg
    IMG_8456.jpeg
    478.3 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_8459.jpeg
    IMG_8459.jpeg
    401.9 KB · Views: 339
Can you post some pics of the 35 in the spare location? I’m going to be test fitting a 34 down there as soon as I can free up some time with the tire shop. It looks like there is a good inch or two of room to work with down there.

Can you post some pics of the 35 in the spare location? I’m going to be test fitting a 34 down there as soon as I can free up some time with the tire shop. It looks like there is a good inch or two of room to work with down there.
Will do once I have the tires…they only received one. They may have them Monday.

That K03 looks great! And an extra ~1" of ground clearance is awesome. Now I just need my OT, a ~1" lift kit, and those tires and I'll be happy.

That K03 looks great! And an extra ~1" of ground clearance is awesome. Now I just need my OT, a ~1" lift kit, and those tires and I'll be happy.
Yup! I’m also waiting for the Westcott 2.5 inch lift. If I can get 12 inches of ground clearance it will do well in most situations. The current 8.9 is will get you through most things but you’ll definitely make use of the skid plates.

Yup! I’m also waiting for the Westcott 2.5 inch lift. If I can get 12 inches of ground clearance it will do well in most situations. The current 8.9 is will get you through most things but you’ll definitely make use of the skid plates.
I'd be happy with 11" - 11.5" of clearance. I want to balance the increased ground clearance with maintaining droop to keep the tires on the ground over crosscuts or moguls.

Here is the 35 not fitting. It’s pretty close. I may try a used tire to see if I can get it in there.

Attachments

• IMG_8469.jpeg
    IMG_8469.jpeg
    200.7 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_8468.jpeg
    IMG_8468.jpeg
    217.8 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_8467.jpeg
    IMG_8467.jpeg
    379.5 KB · Views: 170
I test fit some 35s, 34.82 inch tires to be exact, and they fit. As per Westcot Design video it does contact the crash bars on the inboard aft of the wheel well but can easily be removed. This fit was without a lift. Only one of the tires came in so they weren't installed. The picture is of the test fit on the left front.
I also tried the underside spare. It did not initially fit. You can push the front onto the brackets that keep it from the panhard first and it then contacts against the trailer harness bracket and the recovery hook on the right side. They are both removable. I think it may fit if those are removed and installed once cleared and at low pressure. I'll update that status once I have the tires.
All this is on the original wheels.
Here is the finished product. The spare did not fit but working on a solution. I think it’s close enough that a modified track bar or used tire may do the trick.

Attachments

• IMG_8467.jpeg
    IMG_8467.jpeg
    379.5 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_8468.jpeg
    IMG_8468.jpeg
    217.8 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_8469.jpeg
    IMG_8469.jpeg
    200.7 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_8475.jpeg
    IMG_8475.jpeg
    292.9 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_8474.jpeg
    IMG_8474.jpeg
    313.2 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_8473.jpeg
    IMG_8473.jpeg
    292.5 KB · Views: 190
I have been running KO2s for 20 years on my H2 Hummer... love them!!!
I plan on putting KO3s on my new GX.
Did you have to add a lift kit? If not, did you have any issues with rubbing when turning the front wheels?
Thanks in advance for your response...

Yeah, 35 just isn't going to fit under there. Maybe an uninflated 34 will fit. I picked up a set of used OEM 4Runner Gen 4 (2003-2009) wheels. They are 17" X 7.5" with an offset of +30. I'll be using 1 as my spare and I'll try to stuff a 34" tire under there.

Yeah, 35 just isn't going to fit under there. Maybe an uninflated 34 will fit. I picked up a set of used OEM 4Runner Gen 4 (2003-2009) wheels. They are 17" X 7.5" with an offset of +30. I'll be using 1 as my spare and I'll try to stuff a 34" tire under there.
Let me know if it works.

I have been running KO2s for 20 years on my H2 Hummer... love them!!!
I plan on putting KO3s on my new GX.
Did you have to add a lift kit? If not, did you have any issues with rubbing when turning the front wheels?
Thanks in advance for your response...
No lift kit yet. There are two brackets on not aft and aft inboard brackets that need to be removed. They are bolted on and accessible without removing the OEM tires. There is plenty of room and no rubbing stop to stop.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)