Macon, Georgia
tempImagegixN8w.png
tempImage5xo5NI.png
tempImagebPLOoy.png
tempImageQIWfv8.png
tempImagexArHNn.png
tempImageixuOLr.png
tempImageSQl07Q.png
First, it's been a pleasure to deal with Butler Lexus in Macon. No nonsense, good communication, help with adjusting the options of the build. Yes, I did add an 8 year/75K mile warranty as well as prepaid total maintenance, and lost key coverage. The finance guy compared the cost if I paid each feature out of pocket against the discounted price of prepaying and wrapping that cost in the financed portion of the purchase. It was a decent difference and I like being able to walk into any Lexus dealership and say fix my car and not worry about paying a bill. I get unlimited car washes and my dealer has a large fleet of loaners or a shuttled loaner to me if I can't get to them. This works well for me since my home is 2 miles away.

So, take my money and give me the keys! The finance guy got me a 1 point better rate than my best bank. I sold my Rav4 Hybrid to a friend at a fair price for both of us, much better than if I'd used it on trade, so there was a substantial down payment. The payment turned out much lower than what I'd budgeted for, besides I'll pay it off early anyway.

I can't give you a great review other than the few miles I drove home yesterday due to other commitments to grandchildren. The performance was "as it should be". I took the long way home though my subdivision which has steep, curvy hills and enjoyed a smooth level ride with a good power when prompted. Transmission gear changes were smooth as butter. Road noise including tires: nada. No rack or crossbars up top. The standard sound system sounded good enough to my ears. Caveat: My hearing ain't the best.

This car seems to inhale information. In closing the deal, information on my driving habits were entered into the Lexus system. I was told it was to customize my driving experience. It seems the car learns a lot about your driving habits. I have concerns about who has access to that information, but that's a question for another day. In playing with the Lexus app/Check Vehicle Health a red warning appeared informing that the hill stop assist was not working properly and to let the dealer check it. I drove the car this morning and that warning no longer shows up on the App. It caused a WTF moment.

Next, I'll add film to the inside windows for heat rejection. I haven't decide on how dark a tint yet. I'll also have PPF added to the hood, side mirrors, A-pillars and headlight lens. Those are places on my old Rav4 that took impacts from road object and the film did it's job. There was one spot on the hood film that did not self-heal, but the paint was not damaged.

They say, "pictures or it didn't happen", so enjoy ...

Edit: Amusing little "heads up" possibly for some. In shuffling through the paperwork, one of the forms was a criminal background check. Huh? If you do not check clear, you better grab that briefcase full of cash and haul ass out real quick. The dealer won't sell to you and is obligated to call the law. Finance guy related one instance when he worked for Ford, a report came back with international warrants for drug trade. Once they told him, he literally bolted for the door and made a quick run to I-75.

Attachments

• tempImage9uCDFI.png
    tempImage9uCDFI.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Congratulations, looks great. I'm surprised how much I like that warm Chateau interior with the neutral Atomic Silver exterior. I think it looks really good together. And that rear all-weather cargo mat looks like a quality piece as well.

View attachment 1763View attachment 1764View attachment 1767View attachment 1768View attachment 1769View attachment 1770View attachment 1771First, it's been a pleasure to deal with Butler Lexus in Macon. No nonsense, good communication, help with adjusting the options of the build. Yes, I did add an 8 year/75K mile warranty as well as prepaid total maintenance, and lost key coverage. The finance guy compared the cost if I paid each feature out of pocket against the discounted price of prepaying and wrapping that cost in the financed portion of the purchase. It was a decent difference and I like being able to walk into any Lexus dealership and say fix my car and not worry about paying a bill. I get unlimited car washes and my dealer has a large fleet of loaners or a shuttled loaner to me if I can't get to them. This works well for me since my home is 2 miles away.

So, take my money and give me the keys! The finance guy got me a 1 point better rate than my best bank. I sold my Rav4 Hybrid to a friend at a fair price for both of us, much better than if I'd used it on trade, so there was a substantial down payment. The payment turned out much lower than what I'd budgeted for, besides I'll pay it off early anyway.

I can't give you a great review other than the few miles I drove home yesterday due to other commitments to grandchildren. The performance was "as it should be". I took the long way home though my subdivision which has steep, curvy hills and enjoyed a smooth level ride with a good power when prompted. Transmission gear changes were smooth as butter. Road noise including tires: nada. No rack or crossbars up top. The standard sound system sounded good enough to my ears. Caveat: My hearing ain't the best.

This car seems to inhale information. In closing the deal, information on my driving habits were entered into the Lexus system. I was told it was to customize my driving experience. It seems the car learns a lot about your driving habits. I have concerns about who has access to that information, but that's a question for another day. In playing with the Lexus app/Check Vehicle Health a red warning appeared informing that the hill stop assist was not working properly and to let the dealer check it. I drove the car this morning and that warning no longer shows up on the App. It caused a WTF moment.

Next, I'll add film to the inside windows for heat rejection. I haven't decide on how dark a tint yet. I'll also have PPF added to the hood, side mirrors, A-pillars and headlight lens. Those are places on my old Rav4 that took impacts from road object and the film did it's job. There was one spot on the hood film that did not self-heal, but the paint was not damaged.

Edit: Amusing little "heads up" possibly for some. In shuffling through the paperwork, one of the forms was a criminal background check. Huh? If you do not check clear, you better grab that briefcase full of cash and haul ass out real quick. The dealer won't sell to you and is obligated to call the law. Finance guy related one instance when he worked for Ford, a report came back with international warrants for drug trade. Once they told him, he literally bolted for the door and made a quick run to I-75.
Congratulations and looks fantastic.

View attachment 1763View attachment 1764View attachment 1767View attachment 1768View attachment 1769View attachment 1770View attachment 1771First, it's been a pleasure to deal with Butler Lexus in Macon. No nonsense, good communication, help with adjusting the options of the build. Yes, I did add an 8 year/75K mile warranty as well as prepaid total maintenance, and lost key coverage. The finance guy compared the cost if I paid each feature out of pocket against the discounted price of prepaying and wrapping that cost in the financed portion of the purchase. It was a decent difference and I like being able to walk into any Lexus dealership and say fix my car and not worry about paying a bill. I get unlimited car washes and my dealer has a large fleet of loaners or a shuttled loaner to me if I can't get to them. This works well for me since my home is 2 miles away.

Congratulations drive it like you stole it

Does the color change under different lighting conditions?
I thought the same thing in pictures I've seen, that it picks up the hue of the background. It has not been around enough for me to tell yet. I tried to get these pictures in the flat morning light for reduced glare. It's shiny in the sunshine.

I booked an appointment next week for XPEL ceramic film inside front, rear, back (575) and for a PPF on the total hood, front, A-pillars, light lens, front fenders, mirrors and leading roof edge. (2800). Yeah, ouch.

Atomic with black roof looks fantastic... I have yet to see one in the wild. Does the color change under different lighting conditions?
YES, I'll go ahead and answer, the Atomic really does appear different versions of silver to a dark gray color depending on the lighting.

Attachments

• 20240720_191354.jpg
    20240720_191354.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 153
  • 20240720_191337.jpg
    20240720_191337.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 143
  • 20240704_063527.jpg
    20240704_063527.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 173
Love the rear cargo mat...that was one thing I thought should be standard on the OT trims for sure. My OT+ just came with the basic carpet back there, so I'll be looking at what options look best for an all weather mat back there. The interior front and rear seat mats are all all weather, just not the cargo area.

I'll look at the Lexus version but might see what some of the other companies offer before making a choice.

Nice looking ride, congrats and best of luck with it.

An Atomic welcome. I've enjoyed the color as well. Fun seeing an "Earth" metallic tan pop into view with certain lighting then a mat gray at times when looking over the hood. In the sun a super silver shines. A very dynamic color for sure.

Attachments

• PXL_20240720_195631751~2.jpg
    PXL_20240720_195631751~2.jpg
    506.9 KB · Views: 125
  • PXL_20240720_231314258.jpg
    PXL_20240720_231314258.jpg
    490.4 KB · Views: 126
Lexus really nailed the paint colors for the GX. There really isn't a bad option. That's a pretty awesome color/tone shift in the photos above. A Chameleon she is.

Congratulations!! I just got my AS GX yesterday. I will say one thing about window tint. I always go limo everywhere except the front windows and I had the dealership do the same with the GX. it made the rearview mirror worthless. I've never had this issue before, not even with my 4runner. It could be that I got too used to my electronic mirror in my Denali.

Congratulations!! I just got my AS GX yesterday. I will say one thing about window tint. I always go limo everywhere except the front windows and I had the dealership do the same with the GX. it made the rearview mirror worthless. I've never had this issue before, not even with my 4runner. It could be that I got too used to my electronic mirror in my Denali.
Congrats on taking delivery.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comfort

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 1 6.7%