Changed oil at 1200 miles

Dec 27, 2023
naperville , il
Had my car for 1,500 miles change the oil at 1200 Mi looking for any excess metal shavings due to the problems with the Tacoma and the ls600 didn't see any small minor problems door rattling on the driver side very annoying had the text fix it they change the Latch by 5 mm and the noise is gone small little things like Hood wind noise with my rack took the rack off a wind noise is gone rides very well smooth transmission very responsive engine overall like it keep looking for problems as everybody does but we're having fun so far bye-bye

Had my car for 1,500 miles change the oil at 1200 Mi looking for any excess metal shavings due to the problems with the Tacoma and the ls600 didn't see any small minor problems door rattling on the driver side very annoying had the text fix it they change the Latch by 5 mm and the noise is gone small little things like Hood wind noise with my rack took the rack off a wind noise is gone rides very well smooth transmission very responsive engine overall like it keep looking for problems as everybody does but we're having fun so far bye-bye
Holy punctuation Batman! Assuming you are using a voice to text app.

Glad you are enjoying your GX.

Dealer said that the oil from the factory is specially formulated for break in period and not to change it early… 🤷‍♂️
I would ask them for documentation on that. Like @killy said, I've never heard of that in Lexus/Toyota. At least not in the past 30 years.

Part of the reason I'm gonna be buying 8 quarts of Toyota/Lexus oil and an oil filter and change the oil myself.

Blackstone sent my analysis after my first oil change at 960 miles. Copper ppm is high as expected due to the initial break in but otherwise looking ok.

Attachments

• Blackstone GX550 Analysis.jpg
    Blackstone GX550 Analysis.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 44
Blackstone sent my analysis after my first oil change at 960 miles. Copper ppm is high as expected due to the initial break in but otherwise looking ok.
Any concern with that moly #?

It’s been a minute since engineering school but moly steel is some of the highest grade hard shit you can get.

The kind that say a main bearing is made of?

Moly is often used as a lubricant between metal-to-metal surfaces and TGMO has a high molybdenum content.

Edited to add from Google:
Molybdenum disulfide (MoS2): Also known as Moly, this solid lubricant can withstand high temperatures and pressures. It works with zinc (ZDPP) to improve lubrication. When added to oil, Moly coats metal parts, reducing friction from metal-on-metal contact to Moly-on-Moly contact.

Last edited:

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comfort

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Normal

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 1 6.7%