Check out this build, great front bumper coming

Good looking build. I really am liking the low profile bumpers a few of these companies are coming up with.

However, the wheel setups that push the tires out beyond the wheel wells, even with a slight lift, appear to cut WAY down on the amount of articulation that Lexus built into these trucks in stock configuration, so it'll be interesting to see how those aftermarket setups impact off road capability.

I didn't catch the manufacturer. Did he say JW Offroad ?

But they don't show this on their site yet. I sent them an email to ask about availability.

That video was painful to watch. The parts look pretty nicely done though. I'd like to see them actually operate the rear bumper swing-outs. I had a swing-out tire carrier on a steel bumper with my last truck and it's about the only way to carry a full-size larger spare...but living with a swing-out day to day is a PIA.

That video was painful to watch. The parts look pretty nicely done though. I'd like to see them actually operate the rear bumper swing-outs. I had a swing-out tire carrier on a steel bumper with my last truck and it's about the only way to carry a full-size larger spare...but living with a swing-out day to day is a PIA.
I got tired of the swing out on my 470. Renders back up cams moot, and makes connecting a trailer + having access to rear compartment a nightmare. Won't be adding one to the 550.

I got tired of the swing out on my 470. Renders back up cams moot, and makes connecting a trailer + having access to rear compartment a nightmare. Won't be adding one to the 550.
Great points, I don't think the benefits outweigh the costs you mentioned. I would consider a rear bumper just to make the trailer hitch access look better and add tow points, but no swing outs.

I will buy a steel bumper for the improved ground clearance, durability when I do hit it, and recovery points - the hitch integrating better and losing the loaded diaper will also definitely be a bonus.

On my Land Rover with the swing-out, I found myself loading cargo through the back seats because the swing-out was such a pain. To put anything in the cargo area, you have to set the item down, use both hands to open the latch and swing out the spare, open the cargo door, pick up the item and put it in the cargo area, close the cargo door, then use both hands to re-latch the swing-out. Gets old real fast. Another problem is that no one but you will understand how to properly latch the swing-out. If my wife drove my truck and needed to use it, she wouldn't latch it correctly and I can't believe it never swung open on her in traffic.

I really like the pop-up window on the GX - very convenient for quickly throwing stuff in the back. Not as convenient for getting stuff out, especially now that my truck is raised up a few inches. I'm looking forward to sleeping in the back with that window popped up though.

I heard back from the company making the bumper and rock rails. Here was the response:

Good afternoon Seth

We appreciate your interest in our parts. We are getting the 550 back in the shop next week to finalize a couple more parts and get the bumper and rock sliders gigged up to start producing them. You should start seeing stuff for the 550 on our website in the next couple of weeks.

GX550 Poll

• Eco

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Comfort

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Normal

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Sport S

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Sport S+

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Custom (comment with settings)